• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Fastest cut possible?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by remstation, Apr 1, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Hey I'm at about 16 or 17% body fat and I'm looking to get to about 8-10% body fat.

I'm looking for a really fast cut that will keep most of my muscle. I know a lot of cuts that if executed correctly, will keep ALMOST ALL muscle mass, but with these diet is extremely well-watched, and they have to be done over a very lengthy period of time. To be honest I'm just looking to get cut and not lose all my gains. I'm at 175lbs (wake up weight) and I'm 6'1.5''. Does anyone have any tips for getting shredded quicker in terms of macros? I'm currently getting about 175 grams of protein, 130 grams of carbs, and 40-70 grams of fat per day. I just want this to happen faster because I used to be totally overweight, lost a ton of fat and gained a good amount of muscle, and want to get cut, then eventually clean bulk up staying under 12% bodyfat and work my way up from there.

2. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

Things change when you start to get semi lean. I would say that is 12/13% and below. In my experience you can cut pretty hard down to the low teens but once you start approaching lean your body can only handle so much of a deficit before it starts going into your LBM for fuel.

So basically the leaner you get the harder/more impossible it gets to maintain a large deficit without your body starting to sacrafice LBM. If you plan on keeping the majority of your muscle intact best to take a moderate/slow approach IMO.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

When you find the shortcut, let me know, will you?

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

Please don't be a pretentious douche. I'm not asking for the magic shortcut to building 50 lbs of muscle and getting to 3% body fat in a month.

My issue was this: I care a LOT more about losing fat than conserving muscle. I met one guy who was 14% body fat 230lbs (very muscular), and he decided he wanted to be less of a meathead, more of a 200lb or 190lb 5% body fat physique. As a result he went on a cut that put him at about 1100 calories a day. In about a 6-8 weeks he got down to his goal. He lost a ton of muscle, but his goal was not to keep all of it, so it all ended with him getting his desired physique extremely quickly. I'm looking for a similar cut, but not so extreme. I've seen a natural bodybuilder that literally lost less than 2lbs of muscle mass in his 12 week cut which is incredible. In my case I'm fine with losing 4 or 6lbs of muscle mass if it means I can get to 10% body fat in 4-6 weeks.

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

Btw BigD, repped for a useful post. I don't mean to sound ignorant at all. I know how to do a typical bodybuilder's cut, I just never have actually done it, and I'm looking for something out of the ordinary so I want some opinions

6. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

Do a keto diet, sucks but no carbs you can drop weight fast.

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

You arent really at the point where you can speed things up, while you dont have a long way to go, you certainly arent at the "last few pounds" stage.

ALL of us want to keep our "gains" while losing fat as fast as possible, but it never works out that way especially when you get lean. You probably need to lose around 15 lbs, the %ages never really work out as much as you want them. If you lose 1% bw per week, you still need to take about 10 weeks to get there, thats assuming you hit 1% every single week, but some of that is going to be water too.

Lastly, you can only handle SO much of a deficit before you start eating into strength and lean mass, it would be easy if you could lose 2 pounds every week but it just cant work that way. Plus you are 17, why the rush? Macros wont matter, you can get all the protein in the world and you can only make so much use of it.
      If you pace yourself, you can still make gains in a reasonable deficit, but there are no shortcuts in this sport.

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

"must spread rep"

That's exactly what I said! You just used a few more words!

9. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

Sorry to say but single digits has no shortcut. In my experience i've had better success with a smaller deficit then a large. It all comes down to knowing your body, keeping your strength up and being consecutive.

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Fastest cut possible?

*FACEPALM*

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not some kid who just joined the forum and takes 50 different supplements a day.

What you guys are saying:
      "You can't lose fat super fast without eating into your muscle gains"

GOOD ADVICE! BUT I MENTIONED AND KNOW THAT! I EXPECT to lose muscle. In fact I expect to lose a notable amount of muscle. But right now I have the physique of a typical high school quarterback that could shed some pounds. I've decided that I don't need to be some big guy anymore, and I'm fine getting down to a swimmer's build. My first priority is to get cut, and to get cut fast. If I lose muscle...so be it. But I'm asking my question because obviously the fastest way to get down to 10% body fat is to eat absolutely nothing and drink water all day. Yeah I'll get ripped out of my mind in a hurry....but I'll end up looking like an anorexic mess. I'm wondering if anyone has tips for a more extreme cut that DOES make you lose significant muscle mass, but doesn't totally fry your body.

I AM NOT TRYING TO KEEP ALL MY GAINS. I'M TRYING TO LOSE A GOOD AMOUNT OF FAT AND LOSE A MODERATE AMOUNT OF MUSCLE. LOSING MUSCLE IS A PRICE I'M WILLING TO PAY TO GET SHREDDED IN A HURRY.

Tags: