• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Ending a mobile phone contract

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Canellesao, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

My wife has been posted to Cyprus where we will be living for the next 2/3 years. We will be moving in September. Cancelling all contracts TV, broadband etc have not been a problem.

02 on the other hand are not helping. I entered into a 18mth contract 3months ago (wasn't aware a posting overseas was even on the cards). I get I've signed a contract but surely there must be something they can do. Told I would have to pay £855 to end contract or just continue to pay the cntract monthly. Wouldn't even move the plan down as told I singed to say this couldn't happen for first 12mths.

Speaking with other people posted abroad with the Army and they have not had this problem with Voda, orange and 3. Remember when I was posted to German when I was posted back to the uk ending all contracts was ot a problem.

I told O2 I can not afford this if we can work something out then I will pay something. They will not budge. Don't want to just **** off amd leave it amd it will bite me in the **** when I get back.

Anyone got any idea about how I can sort this. Or do I really just need to suck it up and pay it?

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Ending a mobile phone contract

Well you've signed a contract so legally you're obliged to pay them for the 18 months.

Pretty clear cut really.

3. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Yes I entered into a contract but you would think O2 would make allowances for people who have been posted overseas while serving their country!

4. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

You would, but they're a business who's sole purpose is to make money so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

True that! Going to still see if something can be worked out. Will try phoning again tomorrow hopefully I get to speak to someone who doesnt sound like all life has been sucked out of them by the daily grind of speaking to people like me!

6. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

If it was me i'd try and speak to someone in management rather than just a phone monkey, good luck with it.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Get yourself down to the local shop and ask to see the manager, no hiding behind phones there, I'd also be tempted to see if your section boss can put pen to paper to add more meat to the bone

8. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

9. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

i always thought you could pay a fee and end the contract early? obviously not
      a phone mast has been taken down or something and has been down for months now meaning we get pretty much no signal here so ideally i want to end my contract 10 months early(was 24month total contract), another chap whos a neighbour apparently was allowed to cancel his contract AND get compensation because of them taking the mast down. this was with orange though

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member