• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • effects of not eating enough when cutting

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by baletki, Apr 1, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

effects of not eating enough when cutting

I'd estimate your total calorie intake based on that to be closer to 2500 than 2000.

Try Cutting out the bagel, replace it with a can of tuna or some cottage cheese and then you don't need the whey shake before bed to make up for protein. Less carbs and calories and you should have pretty close to the same protein.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

yeah i thought the bagel wasnt doing me any favours its just i have a large apetite so between breakfast and lunch the bagel seems to help fill the gap but il try cutting that out. as for cutting the bedtime shake out il give that a go but per scoop the protein is only around 80 calories so i dont think that is too bad
      thank you for your advice i will give it a go

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

No problem, good luck! let me know how it goes.

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

That diet look incredibly boring but seems consistent with your intake claim, assuming you aren't hitting the donuts, Girls Scout Cookies and Ben and Jerry's on the side. I don't know what to say, other than I'd agree with a previous poster especially if that bagel is one of the bigger “authentic” ones, and not crappy ones you get in a plastic bag at the grocery store, it's probably got more calories than you think.

Now, people's metabolic rates do vary, but we all have to breath, have our heart's pump, maintain some semblance of a reasonable body temperature, etc. so it eventually has to respond to some sort of caloric deficit. I would think that if you were in fact way overdoing it earlier then you wouldn't be “seeing” muscle gains.

Questions: 1. Have you lost any weight whatsoever? 2. These “gradual muscle gains”, do you mean simply strength gains or are you seeing discernible muscle growth (which would be very odd in an extreme deficit)?

When people are eating “too low” for too long, metabolic rate can decrease but this is mostly because the dieter is weighing less and thus his body needs to use less calories (not the case if I read the OP right). The adaptive part of metabolic rate (lowering heart rate, body temperature, immune and sexual functions etc.) is much less and I would have to think that you would be having a hell of a time working out and there would be no muscle gain. Also, dieting stress can increase water storage, but it's hard to fathom it masking nine full weeks of fairly hard dieting. Eventually you'd have to lose a big chunk of it.

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

yes i do not have cheat foods my diet is probably quite boring but i do stick to it i also drink a very large amount of water i tend to feel thirsty constantly throughout the day even just after i have had a drink. last year i lost around 30pounds between August and December from cycling even though my diet wasnt all that great. i cycled every day but did no weight training at all. in the new year i decided that i wanted to lose more body fat and start lifting weights to build muscle. that was when i went on this food diet and started lifting weights. i have noticed a strength increase and although probably not a lot certain visible muscle gains but im guessing that is probably because i have never lifted before so im building not a lot but a bit of muscle. since i started my weight has stayed the same and body fat has changed by maybe 0.3% if that, and have no visible fat loss either. im confused as to what im doing wrong

6. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

How old are you?

Do you know your current bodyfat %? if not we could probably estimate if you have a picture.

7. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I am 19. Bf is 19%. Height 6ft 1 and weight is 198 pounds if that helps

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

If you are not losing weight..decrease your calories..simple as that...even though some people will come here to talk about starvation mode..etc [​IMG]

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Honestly, you should be losing fat. After 9 weeks you should see a noticeable difference both in the mirror and on the scale. All I can say is increase your deficit by either intake less calories or including some cardio in your exercise routine... or both...

10. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Can you give a food log of one of your days, calories and macros please.