• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • criminal record and door work ??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by parnassto, Jun 9, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

i know there is currently a stick on the door work subject but theres soooooooo many pages to go through!

it says that when you apply for an SIA license that you have to pass a criminal record check, any 1 know if you record has to be clean or are they just looking for certain things?

i havnt been in trouble for about 5 years now. Record isnt too bad mostly breach of the peaces but there is an assult from when i was 16 - (7 years ago)

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

criminal record and door work ??

i think it's just unspent stuff and the law has recently changed so yours will all be spent mate

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

ok mate cheers, wasnt sure if i would pass it or not .. gonna give it a bash

1 of the guys in my muay thai club runs a security company so gonna ask him on monday

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

The SIA will take into account any cautions, warning or convictions regardless of whether they're spent or unspent in their decision making, but, if it's what they deem a serious offence and it's less than 5 years ago, they will refuse you, if its what they deem a minor offence and it's less than 3 years ago, they will refuse you. If they refuse you can appeal the decision. Once Major and Minor offences are 5 and 3 years old respectively the SIA will no longer take them into account during teh decision process. They basically ignore it if its outside the 5 and 3 year time frame.

As an example I have a caution for Affray under section 3 of The Public Order Act. My licence renewal was refused due to the offence (which they class as minor) being less than 3 years old. I appealed their refusal and won. When I renew at the end of this year, the minor offence will be 5 years old so they won't bother to take it into account when making the decision on my licence renewal.

5. casse

casse Well-Known Member

You'll be fine mate

EDIT: Maybe not after reading Mikes post

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Doesn't quite work like that with the SIA mate. They have their own categories for convictions, Serious, major and minor I think it is.

7. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Mike mate I have just recently sent my paperwork off to SIA for my badge. I know I have a few cautions must be about 2 years ago for possession of a controlled substance... Nothing major
      In your opinion will that go against me?

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Could well do mate. Go through that link I listed. It'll ask you for offences then at the end of the questionnaire it'll ask for dates and types of offence i.e caution, charge, warning etc. It'll then indicate whether they will "mind to refuse" or grant. If they do mind to refuse, then what you'll need to do is appeal. It's easy enough. Go through that questionnaire and come back here and tell me what it say's then I'll tell you what to do for an appeal if you still want to go through with the risk.

10. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I just went through the link mate couldn't actually see the offence on there so either I'm going blind or I should be ok