• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Cooking fat

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by musclemad, Apr 8, 2013.

1. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I like to cook with grass-fed butter, Anchor and Kerrygold are good options. I also cook with olive oil and I reserve rendered fat from lamb and beef when I get the chance.

What do you cook with?

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel Member

I don't use butter to cook with. I tend to use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil depending on the dish. I also like to use sesame oil if I'm making a stir-fry or more asian inspired food.

3. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

I usually gravitate towards canola oil or extra virgin love oil.
      These are usually always in my kitchen because I try not to use anything else.
      I even saw a huge improvement in my health because these oils are one of the healthiest ones on the market.

4. fourmatic

fourmatic Member

I use peanut or coconut oil for 99% of my cooking. They both have high burn temperatures so they rarely smoke.

5. musclemad

Sesame oil shouldn't really be used for cooking because it has a very low smoke point, it is probably the worst oil you could use for stir fry cooking, surprisingly. Sesame oil is used a condiment, like extra virgin olive oil.

6. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_Jo Member

I use olive oil. I've even tried deep frying with it, stuff turns out insanely good! I also add some butter, like a teaspoon for taste here or there, when cooking every so often, but I mostly avoid it. I avoid margarine even more, though - that stuff's freaking disgusting.

7. abetterme

abetterme Member

I use canola oil for frying, which is rare for me, because I like that is has so little flavor. I scramble eggs in butter or bacon grease. I use butter for sauteing veggies. I'm Southern and when I cook green beans, ham and new potatoes I use a sliced up piece of bacon, which I boil in with the potatoes, to season the dish.

8. musclemad

Why do you avoid butter? Butter is one of the healthiest fats you can cook with and it adds lots of flavour to the dish.

Extra virgin olive oil is not good for cooking, you are wasting your money if you cook with extra virgin, it should be used as a condiment.