• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Calories in vs Calories out

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Apr 29, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I've been dieting for about 2 months with calories in vs calories out and having fantastic success. The only thing I really care about is having high protein amounts + hitting my targeted calorie numbers. Most of the time I eat healthy so my muscles look fully and I don't get bloated but I've had days where my diet was just awful and I still seem to be getting great results

Do you guys think this is a bad approach? I don't pay any attention to Macros

2. n1du0f

n1du0f Well-Known Member

Calories in vs Calories out

Personally, I think macros are very important to maintain and pay attention to, but I don't think your approach is bad. I tend to think in the same way, and focus mainly on a high protein in take and a healthy calorie defecit range. As far as cheat days go, limiting the "awfulness" of the cheat day won't have a noticible impact on your results.

3. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

You should keep track of protein grams. It's alarming how much protein heavy food you need to eat especially if you try to minimise number of shakes required.

You should also make sure you are getting enough dietary fat. This is not something I track everyday but I have a general idea that I am meeting my minimum.

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Can you explain what you mean when you say you eat 'healthy'?

And what would be an awful day for you?

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Chicken, Steak, Pork on the grill, potatoes, veggies, fruits, peanut butter, etc...

Wendy's, Pizza, Ice Cream, Italian Beef sandwiches, burgers from fast food places

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Did you not read my post brah? I do pay attention to protein - usually aim for about 100-160 grams a day

7. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

You realize that these foods (delicious, delicious foods) have macro nutrients and calories that can be tracked. If you are hitting your minimums while staying within your calorie allotment, there's no reason why they should be seen as bad.

8. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Yes, I make sure those foods work in my calories and that I'm getting enough protein

I don't pay attention to carbs or fat though. Still I prefer eating more healthy because my muscles look way fuller and I'm not as bloated in the midsection

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with eating whole foods. You can get most of your micro nutrients that way (something that tends to be overlooked on this forum). I was just pointing out that food that taste really good isn't necessarily bad. They are usually really high in calories so you have to pay closer attention to them.

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Yea there is still a lot of ignorance with people who think that eating mcdonalds will make you fat

I know people that eat Mickie Dees 5 times a week that are 150 lbs and people who eat Mickie Dees 5 times a week that are 300 Lbs...the difference is the 150 lber maybe eats 2000 calories all day while the 300 Lber eats about 4,000 calories in a day without even working out

Tags: