• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Binge Eating Help

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by alomjabpd, Aug 17, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

So about 2 years ago I managed to lose about 150 lbs. Till that time everything was fine.

Now that I've been lifting serious and heavy for a year and also following the correct macros I have one issue that I would like to solve.

I start the week always on a positive note, but then on my rest days my mind usually starts obsessing with food (even food that I eat everyday, but in larger quantities)

Sometimes I'm strong enough to control it and the next day the obsession usually stops. But sometimes I feel like I'm possessed and someone is controlling my hands and stuff me with extra food.

This does not effect my progress a lot since I'm always back on track the next day.

Unfortunately when I'm not strong enough I seriously can't cope with life (MENTALLY UNSTABLE) until I eat those extra calories. Example: I cannot concentrate on my study, I cannot have a conversation with others etc.. After the binge episode stops, I try to analyse how I can solve this matter but till now I cannot say that I'm 100% successful although I have improved.

Also I'm trying to study the patterns that lead me to binge eating in order to find a solution.

In the meantime I would appreciate some tips on how I can overcome this thing.

Ps. Don't suggest me getting professional help. I'm more interested in tips from people that have been in a similar situation as me and have overcomed binge eating.

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

How is your regular diet? I have found that people who eat the same foods, normally very boring/bland/repeat meals have a higher tendency to fall into the binge trap. If this is the case, you should be able to design a diet that includes more enjoyable foods daily (or add in a big cheat meal once a week or something that really isnt a cheat since you planned it).

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

Okay.

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

5. latin

latin Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

I already incorporate a big meal once a week, which gives me motivation for another week of progress!

Also my regular diet includes food which makes me feel full such as greens and high in fibre, together with regular water intake, apart from solid foods and complex carbs and unsaturated fats.

I follow a 6 meal plan, since I find it the best way to eat through all the day.

6. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

Try being more flexible with your daily diet and incorporating different foods. Also, how large a deficit are you running?

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

I'm currently carb cycling, though I've been dealing with this issue for a year now no matter if i'm cutting (urge to binge increases) or Bulking (urge to binge decreases)

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

You're probably not eating enough.

9. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

I am eating enough man.

It's the mental game that i'm having issues with

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Binge Eating Help

Get new hobbies. Get out of the house. Don't let your mind have the time to think about food.

Tags: