• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • awkward question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by casse, Apr 12, 2012.

1. casse

casse Well-Known Member

please can someone help me as i am no good with showing emotions its not my fault ive just never been able to show it but my good friends mother died and shes told me she is coping okay but cannt sleep how should i respond sorry this sounds stupid as i really do not now how to deal with stuff like this and dont want to say the wrong thing cheers JL

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

awkward question

Ask her if she wants to come round for a cuppa and a chat.

and that your sorry for her loss.

3. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

awkward question

sounds good to me, or just tell her you're sorry for her loss and if she wants to talk or anything that you're there for here.

4. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

awkward question

she lives in ireland mate so coming round for a cupper is not an option i will offer a phone call to talk if she wants to

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

awkward question

Oh right, send her a text ' Really sorry about your loss, just rember im on the other end of a phone if you need a chat, johnny x'

6. unyende

unyende Well-Known Member

awkward question

I would suggest facebook or msn perhaps. She may like a phonecall but she may not. Sometimes people really cant talk when they are this low and it needs to be less interpersonal and direct which is why text based communication is sometimes prefered as its less stressful they dont have to try and not cry on the phone etc and its more comfortable for them. Should ask if she prefers the phone or instant messaging. But definately communicate through some medium either way.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

awkward question

I know I always rip the p1ss out of you mate, but with a situation like this there really isn't a great deal you can do.
      Let her know she's in your thoughts and tell her you're available for a chat of ever she feels like one.

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

awkward question

just be there for her mate offer her a shoulder to cry on

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

awkward question

Just be yourself and show her you are there for are, dont try saying or doing things you normally wouldnt, if you cant find words to use get her a card or suttin

10. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

awkward question

be honest with her mate,say your really sorry for her loss but your crap at showing emotion,and say you are always there to listen if she wants to talk to you.shes a good friend mate so she will understand im sure.just having someone to bleat down the phone to is good enough sometimes bud