• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Am I crashing my metabolism?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by crormaSoila18, Feb 25, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Am I crashing my metabolism?

Starvation mode has nothing to do with body fat..Yes generally you're BF% will be lower when you enter in starvation mode...But its based off how much energy(food) is being asorbed into you're body....Not on how much (stored energy) Fat is in you're body..

2. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Yes eating at this low is hard to sustain. But I heard once you get to your goal weight it is easier to maintain. Like eating more/ having ice cream everyonce in a while. Is this true? Would you suggest going up a few hundred calories and losing a bit slower?

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Okay...LOL...this should be fun. Show me the evidence. Scientific studies please...

And please explain to us what starvation mode does... exactly... If I at 15-20 percent body fat, were to eat a thousand calories for a month, what would happen? Would my metabolism slow? How much? Show me the research...charts... etc.

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

As a Debater, I should know better to have Hard Evidence on hand but I don't.
      Starvation mode is when you're body realize's that you're not getting enough energy to opperate at 100%. Think of our ancestors they lived in caves during the winter and all the other animals hibernated as well. They struggled finding berries and barely ever got a real nice meat meal. They ate ALOT less during the winter months... If their bodies weren't able to adapt and slow their heartate and metabolism...We wouldn't be here having this discussion.

Now again I said over the millions of years this doesn't happen to us as drasastic as it happened to them....Go ahead go 2 months with eating 500 calories a day...You will notice you have basically no energy... But you're still alive aren't you? Cause you're body changes and adapts.. It gives you less energy to burn before shutting you're body down to rest(sleep).

Body fat has no direct coralation to starvation mode.. You can enter it at any body fat %. However before reaching starvation mode... You're body fat % will drop from where you were before.. EXAMPLE if you have a BF of 50% You'll enter starvation mode say at 45% BF because you've been using up ur fat to supply energy. You're body realizes this and starts saving every bit of energy it can, which is starvation mode.. It does that by recently mentioned slowing ur Heart rate and metabolism...

So again... Wether youre 5% BF or 30% BF, you can enter starvation mode....
      As recently mentioned in my before posts Starvation mode is less drasastic for us now then our ancestors....And you would literally have to be eating a very unhealthy amount of calories... around 500-1000 a day for a long period of time..

You can question my lack of evidence to you're full potential...But In reality the best evidence is our ancestors...Think about it man...

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

So.. Do you guys suggest me eating 1500 cals or stepping it up to like 1700-1800? What would be more beneficial for my metabolism and permanent weight loss.

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

It's quite simple...All you need to know is.. To lose weight you're body must use more calories then you put in it... If you're not active and sit on you're chair all day then eat 1500... If you're in the gym working out being active... Eat 1700.... Neither really effect you're metabolism.

Because this is a "BODYBUILDING" forum people here are going to tell you to eat 1700 and hit the weights.. Beucase we care about what we look like after we lose the weight... But if you're only goal is 100% weightloss.. then go ahead eat 1500 and be lazy.. It might be easier but you won't look toned when the fat comes off.. You'll look skinny and weak.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Well I lift weights 5x a week and am getting stronger