• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Slin Advice - Serious

Discussion in 'Anabolic Zone' started by emininojiq, Sep 24, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance, as I know I'll get great help.

I need serious answers and no sarcasm, since it's a pretty dangerous drug, I need proper support and help to make sure nothing goes craps up. Sorry to sound overally serious and a bit lame, but want to get it right.

I'll be pinning 8IU Post workout, got my slin meals sorted and I'm 100% happy with this, sorted.

My question is; I see some people slinning 30IU Novorapid post workout, do they consume necessary carb loads for this?

For e.g. If i were to step it up, could I pin 15IU Post workout, I'd be taking 150g Dextrose, 80g LOW GI Carbs, 80g Protein 15mins post.
      1 hour post I'd take 50g Dextrose, 60g LOW GI carbs, 30minutes later Carb / Protein meal (80-120g / 50-80g).

Would this suffice for 15IU, and for now, ignore variables such as tolerance and experience, is it possible to start on a dose like this?

No, I'm not stupid, you guys are my guru's. I'll respect and listen to your decisions.

Cheers Fella's.

2. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

10g carbs per 1iu slin is just a guide line it doesn't mean you can pin 15iu slin and drink 150carbs and be fine, you realy need to build your dose up slowly and take it as it comes and checking with a GB monitor as much as possible till you are confident and have enough slin use under your belt to use bigger doses with no worries.

3. yesun

yesun Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

Was hoping you'd be one of the repliers mate. I've always been the type to jump in at the deep end, this is a little different, I understand fully.

Would you say a week at 8IU's, a week at 10iu's, a week at 12iu's and a week at 15iu's. Then stick at 15iu's for the next time the 4 weeks that comes around will be a safe enough way to go about it?

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

I think it also depends on your tolerance to Insulin. Some have to take more than others.

Go with what Stone suggests. Better to start higher though on the carbs than not enough imo

5. addme

addme Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

Imo start at 5iu or less, to start at 15iu is stupidity dude as you don't no how sensitive your are to slin yet, I once had 140g dextrose with 7iu novo pwo and I was fukd seeing clouds couldn't concentrate, on my back. This was cause I was upping my dose too soon by 1iu per day, I'm probably in the minority that I'm very sensitive to slin, most start off at 5iu and get to 10iu no problem but I can't, and you don't no what you. Can handle either.

10iu novo x3ed is enough imo no need to go above unless your diabetic, if you are a non-diabetic and can handle more that that then I think you need time off to bring sensitivity back down to a normal range, 30iu novo in 1 go for a non-diabetic imo says there is a problem.

Even with inj slin your body will still produce its own slin onto of what you've injected and will take a long time to build up to 30iu in one go imo.

Don't rush slin use increase very slowly or it will kick you in the teeth.

6. gabarit

gabarit Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

As a diabetic, whenever ive gone hypo, ive found dextrose is useless, may just be me though, id much rather drink a bottle of lucozade

7. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

I can't realy say how to increase it as I think its down to the indevidual but for me it takes about 2-3 days to get used to at a set dose so upping butt 2iu per week sounds ok to me as you have planned, but I can't sugest you start at 8iu lol 3-5iu is what I world say personally...

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

I actually got myself down to a&e as it hit me hard and freaked me out and I projectile vomited everything up, the hosp had me down as insulin overdose and gave me a sandwich and lucozade and I felt fine, wonder why dextrose seems useless then?? About 5-6years ago now, that's why I think its sensible to start low.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

I remember when I was first diagnosed, the nurse told to me to carry a pack of dextrose tabs with me incase of hypos, the first hypos you ever have are the abosloute worst, they feel awful, i had a whole pack of dextrose and the ****ers did pretty much **** all, after a while i just gave up on them, and always have a lucozade to hand now.

10. Bigsterm

Bigsterm Well-Known Member

Slin Advice - Serious

When I use slin pwo now I don't inj asap pwo, I have my big shake shake etx give it 1hr after training then inj slin and take it from there, I think this helps get the nutes well in your system 1st rather than asap pwo when your glucose is probably already depleted from training which isn't a good start to start with.