• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • More crap I eat better I perform

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by baletki, Aug 2, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Basically when I have cheat days were I eat a lot of carbs and stuff we shouldn't but whenever I go to the gym either later on in the day or the next day I always seem to be there longer and do more. Would this suggest I am calorie deficient the rest of the time?

Stats...
      Weight - 85kgHeight - 5ft9average calorie intake a day 1500-180Exercise daily (at least 30 mins intense cardio with weights 3/4 days a week)Or is it better just to eat a bit more to make your body perform better or is it in my head thinking that I have eaten crap need to work it off?

Any advice guys?

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

More crap I eat better I perform

If its extra carbs then that could very well be the reason you can perform better as you will have more energy available to burn

3. swawth

swawth Well-Known Member

it is due to the extra energy and spikes you get from crap food, it's like if you go training and havent hardly had anything to eat you will find you wont be able to train as good

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Isn't this the theory behing carb cycling an refeeds ?

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

It the cals alright. I've often hit pb's training the morning after having a cheat the previous evening, increased fulness, pump and vascularity. I can see the logic behind crap loading pre comp as opposed to loading clean carbs.

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Think I will eat a lot of carbs this weekend because Im running 10k on Sunday - least I know I will finish it Then going to seriously look at my diet and do some research!

7. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

What is your norm pre work out meal bud?

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

If im doing cardio normally have a couple of wheatabix, skimmed milk and some 30g Protein Whey mixed in.
      If I am doing weights normally 3 bacon rashers (grilled) and 2 poached eggs with a shake soon as I am done.

I tend to work out first thing in the morning around 8am.

9. tu1ck

tu1ck Well-Known Member

If your only eating between 1500-1800 cals a day and you weigh 85kg I'm not suprised your tired mate. I weigh the same as you, i'm an inch shorter and my maintenence is around 2800. Also if your doing cardio every day you need to fuel those workouts. What are your goals mate? Because even if your cutting you should be eating more IMO.

10. Marky

Marky Well-Known Member

Im 85kg which isn't muscle, I was 114kg last summer then I started eating 1500-1800 cals has soon got rid but my gym sessions are way more intensive now. My goals are to shed more body fat, and get a decent body get some muscles and eventually hopefully get ripped! I just struggle to find calories - never used to have that problem. What I eat now makes me full! Suppose its getting the body to adapt, I will need to eat more if I want to perform at the gym. Just want to get my diet all right because I love the gym and then I know I will be fine but its easier said than done

Tags: