• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I'm kicking my ass and the scale won't move

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Canellesao, Apr 11, 2012.

1. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I'm kicking my ass and the scale won't move

I calculated my calories they are 1700 so i added 100 cals as buffer for food selection so its 1800

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

No offense but I highly doubt you are calculating your calories correctly. It is highly unlikely that you are not losing weight on a 1700 calorie diet for 2+ months if you are 5'10 / 216lb. Are you weighing your food on digital scale and do you only drink water?

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Thats why i'm getting devastated, is it even possible to have as much muscle gain as body fat drop????

Anyone?

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert.

But at that calorie count and working out at those levels 5 times a week...Does anyone think he's pushed his body into starvation mode...?

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I'll make this easier here are my progress pics in the past 2 months. still my weight is the same

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

1) Count your calories:

- Buy food scale
      - Buy measuring cups and measuring spoons
      - Read package labels and use a cal counter like calorieking.com or fitday.com

2) For the first three days, just eat normal and record exactly what you eat and quantity (by weight or serving). DONT COUNT CALS OR MODIFY YOUR DIET. Eat stuff that has nutritional facts labels on it, so you can backtrack.

3) On the fourth day, open an Excel spreadsheet and put down all the foods you ate (and the quantity) in the first column.

Second, third and fourth column are Protein|Fats|Carbs.

Now, go find out exactly the macronutrient profile of each thing you ate.

Once you do that, in Excel you can separately make a little calculator to determine calories.

4) Now that you have 3 days of calorie and macronutrient data, you can determine your maintenance calories.

example: day 1 = 2100 calories, day 2 = 1900 calories, day 3 = 2400 calories. (2100 + 1900 + 2400)/3 = ~2,150 calories maintenance.

5) Now subtract 20% = ~1,750 calories. This will be your cutting caloric intake.

6) Keep recording what you eat in the little notepad, and input your foods each night into the spreadsheet. Aim for 1,500 calories (just under your cutting intake). That way, late at night you can cruise in to your 1,750 intake with some careful snacking. And yes, I do mean snacking. Keep some savory treats in your diet, just fit them into your caloric intake.

7) Focus on getting 800-1,000+ calories from protein.
      8) Make sure you get in around 10-40g(mL) of fish oil daily. I aim for 15mL right now. This is 135 calories.

9) Once I've fulfilled those protein/fish oil requirements, I get the rest of my calories from a random mix of carbs and fats. Usually I end up eating around 50g fats (450 cals) and the rest from carbs.

And yes, I do calculate everything. When my diet is roughly standardized, I do a little Excel spreadsheet magic and input the foods I eat consistently into a dropdown box so I can easily select it.

Takes 5 minutes each night for me now to calculate calories.

I try to come in before bed around 200 calories below my target. Then I allow myself a treat if I did the rest of the day well, and I feel like having something sweet. My favorite is the little 18g Snickers/Mars bars, bite sized and 81 calories per bar.