• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • how often to train on legs?

Discussion in 'Sports Training' started by defelqy, Jul 20, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

how often to train on legs?

5 days a week outside of rugby practice is overtraining your legs. Assuming you have practice twice a week stick around after practice and run some hills or sprints afterwards since you will already be training legs that day. Then lift legs heavy twice a week. Then just do plyo's once a week getting a good stretch and deep burn. Doing this you will have two days off to rest, you build muscle resting not training so rest is very important.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

how often to train on legs?

I've thought a lot about frequency of plyos and lower body training lately. I'm starting to believe that you can train them more often than people say. Do you think field athletes (i.e. high jumpers, long jumpers, etc.) only do plyos 1-2 a week? No they do it every day and are the best jumpers in the world. I know that they are elite athletes but the body must adapt eventually to being exposed to that kind of stimulus multiple times per week. Just my thoughts.

3. amitacharaya1994

amitacharaya1994 Member

It all depends on your body type, there is no hard rule to follow. Listen to what your body speaks and what works best for you. If your training comprises of high-volume sets & reps, train legs once in a week. If you're working at lower intensity, train legs twice per week. Also, there is this fitness band by Soulfit called Sonic V08 that I personally use. It helps me track heart rate, blood pressure, monitors your sleep and calories as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2018
    4. Chloefree

Chloefree Member

I usually train legs twice a week

5. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

Hi @Chloefree

Would you mind podting your weekly exercise routine, I am always interested to hea rhow others are doing.

6. Leont

Leont Member

It seems to me that the training regimen is built on your nutrition, so there is some kind of general rule for how often to train legs. In any case, at least once a week should be leg day. At this time, I do leg presses, squats with a weight of about 100 kilograms (weight less if I squat lower), and sometimes I do lunges. On other days I just ride a bike a lot - it still puts some strain on my legs. In general, I like doing leg exercises more.

7. Jhanvik

Jhanvik Member

You have to start workout three times a week. Your legs consist of four basic muscle areas quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes and calves. You can start with a resistance workout; you may use your body weight or light dumbbells to progress your form and start the muscle development process. Lift weight every day.Hope our suggestion will help you. Please check out our website,

https://www.durafit.in/

8. timmothysmith01

timmothysmith01 Well-Known Member

No worries, I totally understand your concern! Pro rugby and football players do incorporate conditioning work like plyometrics and sprints on consecutive days to maintain their fitness levels. However, it's important to note that they also prioritize recovery and have a team of professionals to help manage their training load and prevent overtraining. If you're planning to increase your conditioning work to 5 days a week, it's crucial to listen to your body, gradually increase the intensity, and ensure you have proper rest days for recovery. That way, you can improve your fitness while minimizing the risk of overworking your legs. Keep up the hard work, and remember to find the right balance for your own training.

Tags: