• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how often to train on legs?

Discussion in 'Sports Training' started by defelqy, Jul 20, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

5 days a week outside of rugby practice is overtraining your legs. Assuming you have practice twice a week stick around after practice and run some hills or sprints afterwards since you will already be training legs that day. Then lift legs heavy twice a week. Then just do plyo's once a week getting a good stretch and deep burn. Doing this you will have two days off to rest, you build muscle resting not training so rest is very important.

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I've thought a lot about frequency of plyos and lower body training lately. I'm starting to believe that you can train them more often than people say. Do you think field athletes (i.e. high jumpers, long jumpers, etc.) only do plyos 1-2 a week? No they do it every day and are the best jumpers in the world. I know that they are elite athletes but the body must adapt eventually to being exposed to that kind of stimulus multiple times per week. Just my thoughts.

3. amitacharaya1994

amitacharaya1994 Member

It all depends on your body type, there is no hard rule to follow. Listen to what your body speaks and what works best for you. If your training comprises of high-volume sets & reps, train legs once in a week. If you're working at lower intensity, train legs twice per week. Also, there is this fitness band by Soulfit called Sonic V08 that I personally use. It helps me track heart rate, blood pressure, monitors your sleep and calories as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2018
    Tags: