• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get the mindset to succeed with a diet?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Newstarter, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Newstarter

Newstarter Well-Known Member

I was wondering how others get the mindset to succeed with a diet and perhaps more importantly how to you keep that mindset and that strength to reduce your weight and improve your overall health?

For me a lot of the battle is in my head - motivation, etc.

2. inkdgirl55

inkdgirl55 Inspiration

Diet is quite possibly the hardest part of any plan. I know myself struggle daily with what is right for me? Do I BroDiet? Do Paleo? Keto ? Plant based? I’ve struggled for years trying to figure this out and I’d be remiss to say I figured it out. I’ve done plant based vegan for 6 years off and o but I know that as a variation patient protein is huge for me. As a vegan I just was not hitting those targets. I’ve since switched back to a more controlled high protein diet , I’ve reduced my carbs ( not elimated) and upped my greens. I do believe that “the fat you eat is the fat you wear” therefore I cannot go keto. To each his own and you have to find what works for you!

• Like Like x 1
    3. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

As with anything in life, if you strive for perfection you will always be disappointed. It is a matter of compromise. People also forget, we are all unique in our own special way :)

4. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

I speak from experience, sometimes it is easy to be beaten in your mind before you even try and improve your fittness and lose wait. A positive mindset can overcome a lot of challenges!

5. AllysAngels

AllysAngels Site Partner Staff Member

I coach my clients - head first, training and nutrition second. Without a strong mindset the results are hindered and we can be treading water waiting for something to happen. It's always a work-in-progress which may seem daunting to some but I find this exciting as it means we have the ability to CONSTANTLY improve ourselves on many levels. I find if the goal is big and scary enough, the motivation tends to follow.
      Do we, leaders of the industry, have our bad days - sure do! However we learn from challenges like this, and use it as fuel to learn and grow further.
      Set a goal that scares AND excites you, then enroll the guidance of a reputable coach who can coach you to success.

6. Jane Black

Jane Black Member

I think the motivation is something that appears when you feel you are finally fed up. I mean, when excessive weight is really interferes you to live a happy life and after that you get youself together and start to change the situation.

7. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

I think we all have a critical point when we say "That is enough" and begin our journey to better health :)