• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Finding the right path

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by maxen57, May 3, 2016.

1. maxen57

maxen57 Member

Hi! maxen57 here. I'm an obese single mom wanting to have the chance to change her life for the better. I thought that I could accept myself the way that I am but I have to be honest with myself, that I'm not really happy with my current physical condition. I've been fat my whole life and I've suffered through a lot of bullying of sorts. People would tell me to just lose the weight but what they don't know is that it's more of a mental issue, I suppose. You need to really want that change and you need to be able to accept that it's not going to be easy. I went to the gym before and I'm okay with lifting weights. The problem with me mainly is controlling what I eat and the kinds of foods that I eat. My brothers and I grew up to processed foods because our parents don't cook.

We have a history of hypertension and high blood pressure. My grandmother died from colon cancer and my dad just survived from a third stroke. My brother has high blood pressure that's he's been able to control by biking. I weigh the most in this household but so far, I haven't suffered anything yet. I will eventually if I don't change my habits. I have what you'd call, an adrenal body type where my torso has accumulated the most fat, especially around the midsection. I've read that I can do stressful workouts because it would backfire on me but I would like to try it for myself first and see if it's right for me.

2. Destiny

Destiny Member

Well, I see you've mentioned that your family has a history with health problems. This should always be taken into consideration before starting any duet or excerise regime. First thing you should do is talk to your doctor. She what he or she has to say about losing weight in a healthy manner. Your health is the most important thing you have, we must take care of our bodies.

I wish the best of luck, and welcome to the forums!