• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Are you jealous of your friends income?

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by vijugati8g, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Are you jealous of your friends income?

money or career they are both important but it takes time to see the best of both. not every job in your life will pay top rate and you will go throug a few over the years. some jobs turn out betterr than others money or career wise but it is a few years into your career that you can see what is what. I would rather suggest to understand early in life why some people retire well off and earlier than others. this things take many decades to happen but when they eventually do the difference is big. a classic one is people buy a small house and when they can affordd they get another but manage to keep the first one by renting and "loosing" a small amount of money every month. but as the years pass that house starts to pay money because the amount owning to the bank decreases AND the money that you originally borrowed losses its value due to inflation. so the money that you originally borrow from the bank is not worth much later on but the house is.
      Just make sure you check very carefully the numbers from sombody who has done it before.

2. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I obviously have no experience with this, but you should try and find a job that you will enjoy doing! If you enjoy your job you will be more willing to spend more time doing it, and you will be more motivated to complete set tasks, thus bringing fourth the possibility of promotions and opportunities to travel or upgrade etc. Hopefully you did a degree you actually wanted to do and didn't do something that you thought would bring big bucks or bitches. Saying this, there's no shame in doing a second degree! I know someone who's on their sixth, very restless, I know.

3. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

good point... the % of people who have their dream job is pretty low I would think. Many feel the need to just plain work to make ends meet, put food on the table and a roof over their head...

4. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

First regret you'll ever have is worrying about what other people think of you or your success. The definition varies from person to person anyways.
      Do what you know is right/ethical and what makes you and your family happy (if or when you have one).

Personally, I don't care if a friend is well off or dirt poor - and I have friends who are at both of those levels. If you do well financially, good for you. That doesn't impact me in the slightest.

5. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

As a younger man I was chasing that dollar around and doing whatever it was that I could to make more and more money...then 3 years ago my first child was born. I was still working 60-70 hours a week and not being home at all. Fast forward 3 years later we moved to Cumberland, Maryland wife got a much better paying job and I took a job making $8.00 an hour working 6am-2pm 5 days a week and being able to be home at night and weekends to spend time with my family.

So yes I make way less than I did...however I get much more joy out of being home and spending time with my boy than I did chasing the dollar.

6. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

I never made a point to discuss salary with Friends for fear of being judged. I was the first in my circle of friends to get full time work so I knew I was on top of the salary chart compared to what they were at, not that it mattered... but I did not care, and thought they should not either.

I want people to see me for who I am and not for what I make.

This is also why I feel those who win the millions in the lottery can be f_cked over in the end... you certainly would need to learn quickly who your REAL friends are.

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I am not jealous of my friends that make more than me. Not in the least, though at times I admit I'm a bit envious of some of their things. It's usually pretty fleeting. I talk to them and they have more worries than I have, usually. I have a few friends that are really struggling, financially, and that's a bad, bad place to be. So though I'm not jealous of my wealthier friends, I will say that I am very thankful to not be poor or even very low middle-class.

8. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Jealous? No.

Money is a fickle master.

I'm most impressed by those people who do not change when they start making more, or come into more money. Tells you their true character.

9. admin

admin Administrator

Unfortunately, money can change people!