• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 70 Bucks and out of protein powder, tight budget, PLEASE HALP!

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by emininojiq, Apr 12, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

If you think about it, you burn glucose/fat/muscle/ usually after an hour workout you will be lucky/unlucky to be burning fat stage, therefore why is it necessary to take protein immediately right after a workout opposed to going home, eating your carbs/fat/protein meal?

Does this even make sense to some of you? srs questions are srs.

Should I

A. Either buy another month supply of INTEK EVOLUTION 34gram protein per scoop with whey/casein which cost 60 bucks

OR

B. Buy walmart brand 20 dollar month supply of whey protein (and only use right after workout) and buy 60 large eggs and use egg whites/yolk for post workout protein

If I did the math 34(p)x60 servings= roughly 2000 grams protein which is 100% bio whey and some casein

Or go with 20g scoop whey from walmart which is 100% bio and only whey (for after workout) and just eat eggs which is 100% bio and I can buy 5 dozen eggs (60) so 60x7=420 for 6 bucks=/=60 bucks would get me 4200 grams of protein compared to 2000 grams..

Please respond my body is in possible danger

Thanks.

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

70 Bucks and out of protein powder, tight budget, PLEASE HALP!

Does anyone even exist in the nutrition section? Please respond.

Will leave a nice detailed message of appreciation when I approve your message(s), thanks.

3. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

There isn't a short-term window to get your protein/carbs in after a workout. I'll find the source and quote it.

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I drink protein right after workouts, because it helps fill my macros, is an easy way to get extra fuel before my afternoon classes, and I honestly just think its good tasting.. Other than that, Deutscher32 is right.. No window really exists. Hit macros by the end of the day and you're golden

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Would make sense of carb re load since you use glycogen first right? I have a hard time believing "protein powder" which is 10x more expensive than food (most/some) you have to take exactly right after working out because you have the "30 minute window" to shove in as many nutrients as humanly possible and it is only possible if you buy and consume protein powder (whey) but yet your body is already swimming full of AA's/protein?

So protein powder is a complete scam and money should go into more frozen chickens/eggs/food?

I fallow IIFYM and i'm sure any other intelligent person does but yet 95% of these people have protein powder on their shelfs? Please explain

6. teffetapunkxh

teffetapunkxh Well-Known Member

It's not a scam, it's a convenience, that's all. I shoot for 160grams of protein per day, but sometimes it's hard to get that much from whole foods. I toss a scoop in with some almond milk, and bang, it's done.

It's also a pretty calorie-efficient way to meet protein requirements while staying in my calorie deficit.

But it's not cheap, convenience rarely is. If you want cheap protein, eat tuna.

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Would make sense of carb re load since you use glycogen first right? I have a hard time believing "protein powder" which is 10x more expensive than food (most/some) you have to take exactly right after working out because you have the "30 minute window" to shove in as many nutrients as humanly possible and it is only possible if you buy and consume protein powder (whey) but yet your body is already swimming full of AA's/protein?

So protein powder is a complete scam and money should go into more frozen chickens/eggs/food?

I fallow IIFYM and i'm sure any other intelligent person does but yet 95% of these people have protein powder on their shelf's? Please explain

Bump come on brahs.

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I'm currently cutting and according to Emma-Leigh, I should be consuming 180g protein per day, I struggle to get 150g per day (w/ 1 serve of powder), I got roped into getting hydrolised whey because it's more broken down and gets absorbed faster.. my serving costs $2 ! (once this runs out I got WPC ($0.80 per serve @ 29.5g protein per serve). So if you get bulk or cheap powder i think it works out cheaper but you don't want to base your entire meals on powder. While cutting I'm finding it hard to eat protein foods with minimal fats... like I've been eating unsalted peanuts but the fat content is still high & I eat tuna but the fat still adds up.. so taking the powder is helpful.

Edit: eating 6 whole eggs gets me: 360cals, 27.3g Fat, 34.5g Protein & costs me $1.00 but it's almost half my daily fat intake right there (70g). So for me it's really to keep my fat intake close to recommended while still trying to get protein.

9. butjhaphoyk

butjhaphoyk Well-Known Member

Last edited by Deutscher32; Today at 06:27 PM.

10. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Convenience in what way? I can eat a whole chicken breast/can of tuna with water the same time I could drink a disgusting shake that is more expensive.

I don't understand how 95% of people own protein powder/buy 5 pounds a month when food is cheaper, better, more nutrients, and if you really wanted to can consume it just as quick as protein powder for "convenience"