• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What long reigning mr O brought forth most change. Arnold, Haney, Dorian, coleman.

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Gossip' started by masoven4u, Apr 2, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Firstly there is obviously Arnold, he had an incredible combination of great size and asthetics. Besides his maxed out muscles (chest, biceps, calves) he was relatively small compared to todays top pros tho.

[​IMG]

next great reign was obviously Haney. Whilst i prefer Arnolds physique he was obviously more "complete" from a technical standpoint. His lat spread was sick, but yeah, in my own modest opinion his main contribution was bringing an overall more complete look.

[​IMG]

Next up was Dorian. Ive seen pictures where it looks to me that Haney was dominating him. On the other hand it is obvious that he brought A+ conditioning to the stage and some amazing mass as well and along with Haneys era Yates time is the time in bodybuilding i know the least about.

[​IMG]

Lastly, Ronnie Coleman, obviously there was very different versions of Ronnie that won Olympias but what can i say about the guy. He was an absolute monstrosity, a contender for best arms, best chest, best back, most mass, etc etc... My only critisism, is he seemed to usher in the era of the huge GH gut. I could be wrong tho as as much as ive trie to learn about the sport in the last year or so, having been a casual fan for years, i still have plenty to learn.

[​IMG]

my questions are, which of these long reigning mr O's brought forth the most change, and also, which one brought the most positive change to the sport?

2. clutas

clutas Well-Known Member

What long reigning mr O brought forth most change. Arnold, Haney, Dorian, coleman.

I would say that Arnold brought a change in general for bodybuilding. Dorian ushered in the mass monster game with conditioning and Ronnie took what Dorian had and pushed it to another level.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

What long reigning mr O brought forth most change. Arnold, Haney, Dorian, coleman.

in terms of progression, all seemed to usher in a new era, but yates exploded on the scene and in a relatively short amount of time not only dominated the olympia, but changed the overall look of bbers, he was the father of the freak era which imo is the buffer between past and present

going with the shadow on this one

4. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

obviously Dorian. He took mass and conditioning to the next level. He was also very balanced before he tore his bicep. A lot of people seem to forget that. The only change Ronnie really brought to the game was more mass

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

I can see where youre coming from with that actually. With a few small adjustments Yates wouldnt look out of place on a current Olympia stage.

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Yates, but I am biased as I met him several times over the last 20 years.

My aunt did put up Arnold at their house for a weekend when he was here for the Olympia in Australia.

7. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Wow. Dunno which sentence is cooler. How did Your aunt end up being the one to accomadate the Oak?

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I would definitely agree with Yates changing the sport most dramatically. Arnold brought the sport out of the shadows and his era yielded some of the best physiques IMO.

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

IMO Arnold without a doubt! It was arnold and pumping iron that brought bodybuilding and fitness in general into the public eye. Ask most champions in bodybuilding what got them into training a lot would say was seeing arnold in pumping iron and his movies. So or that reason i pick arnold

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Arnold. None of what Haney, Dorian or Ronnie achieved changed the sport to be fair. Just my 2 pennies though.