• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • The Job Search Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bernatek, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Bernatek

Bernatek Well-Known Member

Due to the current climate in the job market I thought it would be good to start a thread on finding a job, losing ur job,
      a thread to vent or to maybe get some good tips on interviews, job opportunities etc....

I will start, been in my current job for 2.5 years, done really well but i have an ongoing issue with my field manager, basically
      we just don't click, his visits are few and far between, we never talk on the phone, all email. My store is doing fantastic, double didgit growth, hitting all the KPI's but im bored and need a new challenge, ive updated my CV and had a nose on some job sites.
      Ideally im looking for an Area Mangers job.....applied for 2 today..............so thats where im up to......

what about you ?

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

Good idea. Been out of work since last May! Have to that dangerous stage of being completley totally ****ing apathetic to the whole system now tbh and at the very least need to move area. I was one of the doomed generation who went to uni and got degree that every other ****er got, when I should have been learnin a trade. An apprenticeship wasn't mentioned once as I recall in 6 years of school.

Only thing going by me are call centre jobs in Cardiff. End of story.

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

shyt innit. I work for an agency and don't get regular work. It's a cnut. I basically gotta find what I love and earn money from it

4. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

Yeah mate you know what the situ is like in S.Wales and the Valleys. Dog****e. Say for arguments sake I met a girl, got her preggers, I honestly could not say that I provide financially and that is fuked up.

You can see why crime has gone up frankly.

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

A few years back i was out of a job, i lasted 4 months on savings and applied for tons of jobs but nothing came of it, so i had to sign on in the end, worst feeling in the world, i had always worked and never for one minute thought i would be signing on, sitting in the waiting area with all kinds of people, tense atmosphere, then having to go through the process and waiting on a giro....then cashing it, all major moments. In the end i had to move back to london for work, hated being away from home but had to go where the money was.......

6. casse

casse Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

well people in the valley gotta commute to ponty/cardiff which isn't too bad really IMO if you can find a job in those places.

Theres so many shyt jobs but cannot concentrate on the negatives it's all about doing what brings you to life and finding a way to earn a living off of it.

There might be shyt jobs out there but we don't have to take them and if we do it is only temporary, means to an end thing.

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

they say if u find a job u love u will never work a day in ur life- great saying!

8. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

Good man Tommy, you really do have to go where the £££ is.

Are you the guy in the retail sales team?

9. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

happy days. Here in Wales being on the dole is a full time career! lol.

I was on it 3 times with a couple of years and it is shyt you're right. I don't find it humiliating like a lot of people due to there being so many people being on it or if they're not they usually work a really shyt job so kinda even out.

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

The Job Search Thread

yea thats me pal......its time to move on from this company....my boss is being over picky about everything
      i.e we lost 5 points on a store inspection because the staffroom microwave wasnt clean......meanwhile were up 10%
      think hes just showing his authority where he can cause teh store performance is great

Tags: