• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Starving Yourself for 1 Day?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by casse, Apr 29, 2012.

1. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Hi.

Would it be beneficial at all, to starve yourself for one day? I.e. no food but water, all day. Then maybe a big meal at the end of the day, like that warrior diet.

Then the next day you would go back to normal. You'd do this once a week.

Would it aid in fat loss? Sudden shock to your body, but it wouldn't adapt to it since it'd just be once a week. Maybe you could do a refeed the following day. Most people do refeeds whatever.

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Starving Yourself for 1 Day?

Maybe someone more educated can respond, but other than the pain of not eating the whole day and starving, I don't see benefits. If you want to lose weight, just eat a little less daily, no need to starve yourself and have a crappy day once a week.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I do this every day (one meal a day every day). It has no benefit to fat loss other than perhaps making it easier for some people to stick to a deficit, if they have trouble when eating more meals. See Eat Stop Eat and Lean Gains diet.

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

^I do a similar thing where I eat around 800 calories during the day and consume about 2000 between 7:30PM and 11PM ish before bed. It just works for me because I like to eat a lot after I workout at night and just a little during the day when my ass is on a chair at a desk.

5. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

No. What will determine fat loss is your total weekly/monthly caloric deficit, not your eating pattern. Eating 1 meal/day is fine, you can do that every day if you want to. It's called a warrior diet.

6. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Beneficial and starve aren't words that go together. Didn't you watch Sesame Street?

The warrior diet doesn't disallow food during the day. You basically described eat stop eat, which is an actual fast for 24+ hours once or twice per week.

Do the math and compare it with calorie restriction. Basically, yes it can aid in fat loss, but not by any magic other than calories in vs. calories out (at least in a significant way).

7. latin

latin Well-Known Member

Fundamental laws of thermodynamics will always hold true. Like the above...cals in vs cals out.

Your thread title "Starving" sounds almost painful...lol.

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I have been toying with this idea for months and I might give it a go.

Got a couple questions if you don't mind:

1. What time do you eat?
      2. What time do you work out?
      3. How many calories do you eat in the meal?
      4. What foods does a typical meal consist of?

I have no doubt that I could scarf down my required 3,300 calories while hitting macros and micros, but I would probably end up getting slightly fewer micros than my normal 3 meals a day because I probably couldn't eat 4-5 fruits and two pounds of vegetables plus an additional ~2,500 calories of other stuff. Not a big deal, really, because I probably go overboard on fruits and vegetables now anyway.

9. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

^I know your questions weren't aimed at me, but are you bulking?

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Yep. But whether bulking or cutting, I'm still always hungry. Maybe not always hungry, but I love eating. If I had no restrictions I'd probably eat 5,000 calories a day.

Tags: