• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • PCT advice please

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by 32chevy, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 32chevy

32chevy Well-Known Member

Hi all---Newbie to this site.........Very long story short: I have been a gym rat for the last 45 of my 61+ years. All my training has revolved around sports and overall fitness. Although there have been many peaks and valleys in my training motivation, I have, for the most part, stuck with it all these years. My training was always natural using only nutritional supplements. About 8 or 9 years ago, feeling I needed a bit of a boost, I spoke with an old friend from my high school days...He always looked like he was cut from stone. He turned me on to 1-ad (pre-ban) and I was amazed at the gains. I never used any PCT---truthfully never even knew what that was. Just prior to the ban, I bought up a moderate stash of 1-ad. Fast forward to the present: After having to lay off from any serious gym activity due to heart surgery for a congenital aortic valve issue, I have been hitting it hard of late. Week 4 on a 6-week cycle of 1-ad, I have made significant gains and would like to maximize my retention. Having perused this site and others, I frankly am amazed at the detailed level of knowledge into chemistry and pharmaceuticals that many of you possess.......My question: Is there a simple, straightforward easily obtainable over the counter PCT supplement that you all could recommend? I say simple and straightforward because I honestly don't think I have the patience to put together any supplement regimen of any complexity---sounds a bit lazy I guess, but the truth... I see ads for "Post Cycle II"--- is that worth trying or is there something else?

Jim

2. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

wouldn't have suggested any ph cycles after heart surgery, but too late for that. Reversitol or formadrol are my choice for my pulse cycle and recovery has never been a problem. You will want to keep intake of quality fats and fish oil suppliments to help balance your cholesterol after cycle. You didn't use a methyl so liver support isn't needed. Good luck. At your age it would be safer to see your doctor and just be put on trt.(testosterone replacement therapy.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

How long ago was the surgery? Did it take care of the problem and are you completely healed from it? Do you get blood work to find out where other health issues may lie in wait? If you do know these things already you should state them after talking about having heart surgery. Before anyone offers much advice they honestly neeed to know about you.

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

...Good point---Heart surgery was a little over a year ago. Same procedure that Arnold had: Bad aortic valve from birth. It finally caught up with me. Luckily, I had a great surgeon and apparently everthing went really well. For those of you that know about such things, The normal protocol for someone my age would have been a metal valve which would have necessitated my being on blood thinners for the rest of my life. Due to my physical pursuits (surfing) I (and my surgeon) opted for a tissue valve---no meds, but it only lasts 10-15 years. By the time I need a new valve, all those procedures will be performed through the femoral artery so a real quick recovery. Having your chest cracked open like a coconut isn't too conducive to doing bench presses (or anything gym related,really) for the first few months. Got back in the gym last April. The surgery is a somewhat distant memory. My overall strength now is pretty much pre-surgery levels. No other health issues thankfully...pretty much a clean bill of health. I'm not really taking any meds to speak of other than a baby aspirin daily......

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

...posted a reply the other day...got the "administrator will review" ...don't understand why as the post was very innocuous...will try again if it doesn't come up...
      Jim

6. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

Guess it made it in (see above)...thanks, jim

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

....So would Formadrol be a good PCT choice?

8. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

It is more important to understand the steroids you are running and their direct effects on you rather then asking about specific products. You can than make informed decisions yourself through research.

Think about PCT in general terms and specific terms. What does your particular steroid suppress post cycle? If 1-ad is a mild steroid it probably does not cause liver, kidney, and general heart health problems. Yet all steroids suppress your natural ability to produce your own testosterone, so you have to take stuff to bring that back. Also many mild steroids cause a certain amount of estrogen rebound and cortisol rebound. If that's true of 1-ad (and I don't know), then you have to address those issues as they can cause you to lose your gains and to bloat up and gain fat on your gut and chest. If estrogen rebound is bad enough it can cause gyno.

If 1-ad is toxic to liver, kidneys or heart (say lowering HDL), then you have to address those problems in your PCT, and you should be addressing those issues even on cycle when necessary. YOU need to understand your particular steriod and what it does to you through research and your own blood work. It's worth the effort, as you still should have a lot of good years if you treat yourself right. And check your blood pressure to see if that is elevated, there are some great herbs and ammino acids to get that back under control.

There are all kinds of over-the-counter products for bring your "boys" back and reducing estrogen post cycle, and you can check into the cortisol thing if you think that may be a problem with 1-ad.

One last thing, if you are shut down really hard then you need to use medical scripts to bring back your natural test production, and to get estrogen in line, but 6 weeks is a reasonable cycle, and I think 1-ad is not too harsh on shutting you down that quick. I'm just using logic here, and there are sharper people out here to answer your questions. In the end you need to do your own research and gain your own knowledge, as you are the one responsible for yourself. The more intelligent your questions get, the more likely you will get sharp replies on AM.

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

Testforce2 is very useful in pct and for bringing up test levels in general good solid science behind it and brought to you by the same man that brought you 1-AD, Patrick Arnold.

10. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

PCT advice please

At 61, you would likely be a good candidate for TRT. I'd go to a doc and get the real thing.

Tags: