• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Paleo diet concerns and ?s

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Korporalegq, May 10, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Ive started a Paleo diet recently consisting of your meats,nuts,eggs,veggies and fruits. If anyone is familiar with the paleo it cuts out most and all grains,sugars (except fruit) and wheat starch products etc. Since doing this iv felt weaker and more lethargic obviously do the fact that I'm hardly getting any carbs. My question is can I still acquire muscle growth through this without the carbs? Also too, Everyone has a hollywood star they envy and mine is joe manganiello. His dieting consist of almost the same thing except he eats a half cup of oatmeal in the morning and the rest are veggies and fruits and protein. Hes ripped, but how does he manage energy and size through this? lmk and correct me if im doing anything wrong to help me thanks.

2. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Paleo diet concerns and ?s

Never ever go full paleotard

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

why do something if it makes you feel like crap?
      bottomline is calories in v. calories out, you dont need to follow a diet plan to accomplish your goals

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Any particular reason why? Iv kept up with the lifestyle cut diet by derek charlebois which allowed starchy carbs in kept your meals 1-3,but I figured I give getting my carbs through some fruit and veggies a try, but My energy sucks D*** and Im shredding again for summer.

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and do NOT eat a fad diet just because some celebrity claims he eats a particular way.

The paleo diet is just another in the long list of fad diets that unnecessarily exclude foods for no reason whatsoever. You would do yourself a great and lifelong favor if you forget all the garbage and learn to compose a varied, balanced and enjoyable diet that allows you to reach your goals and maintain proper health as best can be.

Start here!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

6. jailynn24hb

you answered your own question

7. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Well said man impressive and I agree..Check this out. I calculated my macro needs there once and it said my maintenance was " 2800" well I decided to go to a caloric deficit of 2200 and I was gaining weight...I'm currently 5'11 160 pounds and 5.8 percent body fat. I had a an unbelievable 6 pack, but I noticed once I brought carbs back in my weight was shooting up hmmm

8. jailynn24hb

Yes, you will hold more water if you eat more carbs. That is likely the cause of the weight going up.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Well hey thanks for the positive feedback and responses man. Appreciate it unlike some peeps on on this forum..

10. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Also, you can continue to eat low to moderate carbs without doing paleo.