• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Need Help Cutting!

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by masoven4u, Feb 15, 2012.

1. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Im trying to get real cut for the summer and get my abs and whole body chiseled....im 5'10 180lbs ..and last time i checked i got 13% bf% so how do i get my bf% down more and how can i get real defined..thanks for the tips.

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Need Help Cutting!

5'10 180lb is going to be around 20%, more if you're not very strong. Lower your calorie intake and you will lose weight. Personally I find fasting the easiest way to do it, but just about any method of lowering your overall calorie intake will work.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Need Help Cutting!

Not to sound like an ass but fasting is not the way you want to go. Your body has to have food for fuel and you will lose a lot of muscle if you don't feed your body! Pick and choose what foods you eat wisely. Lots of lean protein and good greens. Basically cardio is the key. I like to do mine at the end of my workout. Lifting to exhaustion will burn up the glucose in your body and the fat will fuel your cardio.

4. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Need Help Cutting!

I think fasting sucks also....

Personally,
      Just download a program like myfitnesspal.

Track your calories. Pain in the beginning.
      figure out your maintenance calories (program helps easily) and then make sure you are at least in a 500 calorie deficit each day.

I started in end of last September. Never did a cut before and just started working out.
      Maintained roughly a 500 cal deficit and some basic supplements. Went from 176 to 158 and still cutting (didn't have to stress about fasting and feeling like ____)

Cardio is key! as the other poster said. I wanted to eat, but the more calories you burn the more free food you get to eat.
      I did elliptical (have flat feet and this was best for me) for about 40-60 minutes 5 days a week. Worked like a charm.

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Need Help Cutting!

Fasting is a terrible option. Cardio sucks but it works.

1) calorie restriction and try cutting carbs off by 2PM and see if that works.
      2) eat clean. Not Five Guys burgers and fries or a bacon egg and cheese every morning.
      3) I dont really rely on cardio for cutting, just conditioning. Id rather modify my resistance training to have more expenditure by lowering the weight a bit and increasing volume while maintaining high intensity.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Need Help Cutting!

I agree about the cardio, but for me to hit a calorie intake of about 1600 calories/day was impossible. So, I used the cardio and calorie burn as an excuse to allow myself some extra food and protein and not be "cheating"

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Need Help Cutting!

There are plenty of ways to do it and you sound like an ass for dismissing fasting completely. Intermittent Fasting is an incredible way to lose bodyfat fast. 16 hours fasted and 8 hours feeding works a treat. Supplemented with clean foods and cardio of course. Dot be so closed minded there's more than one way to get cut.

8. jailynn24hb

Need Help Cutting!

Carb cycling diet helps me.

9. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Need Help Cutting!

^ Carb cycling is the way to go IMO

10. jailynn24hb

Need Help Cutting!

Carb cycling sounds really interesting, but just so difficult to stick to and do correctly.
      I would love to try it and I am fairly dedicated, but very difficult.

Tags: