• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Nanny Lied....what would YOU do?

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by alomjabpd, Apr 3, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

So today we found out our nanny of nearly 8 months has been lying to us and telling us she's taking our 1 year old to the park, to the library, etc. during the day, when in fact we discovered that she's been going to the local 24 Hour Fitness and dropping him off while she works out for an hour or so. Not a horrible lie on the lying scale, but she must also have forged some kind of parental form saying that she's my son's mother in order for her to be able to do that. I do know that she's been taking him to the park, library, etc. as well.....but this really upset me and my wife is about ready to blow a gasket.

My first reaction was immediately to confront her, fire her and not pay her for the time we know she's been at the gym these past few weeks (we've already paid her for the last 8 months so it would be hard to recoup that money). Having said that, she's here from 7am until 4pm every day, never late, always reliable and I know our son is attached to her and she is great with our son. I'm here at home with her during the day so I am able to witness this first-hand.

Do we start all over again with someone new or simply confront her and tell her that's not acceptable and hope that behavior stops? This is a 22 year old girl, btw.

Regardless of what we decide, I'm taking today to cool off and not make any rash decisions....

2. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Nanny Lied....what would YOU do?

Last edited by Altitude; Today at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling

3. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Is she hot? If so keep if not fire.

4. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I'd find someone else.

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

You know, if I had a $1 for every time someone asked me if my nanny was hot I'd be a rich man. To answer the question, not hot enough to get away with lying to me and my wife.

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I'd discuss it with her, and if she apologizes and says it won't happen again...I'd keep her on, but with the understanding, that if anything 'unusual' happens again...you're gonna have to let her go. Just my thoughts on it.

ignore the man behind the curtain called themyth

7. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

That's sound advice and likely the route we're planning on taking. I would hate to start all over again with nanny #3 in the 14 months my son has been alive.

Nanny #1 quit with 3 days notice in order to accept a position at her "dream job"..........managing an ice cream store. I couldn't make that up if I tried.

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I donnno. Lying, forging your name?

Bye bye, Nanny.

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

At work I like to behave like a professional because when I do behave like a non-professional it gets and keeps me outta trouble and from being a suspect.

Fire the bish.

These are your kids and God knows what else she's doing that you haven't found out yet.

10. Mickel

Mickel Well-Known Member

That was my knee-jerk reaction, believe me.

Does anyone know for certain how that works at 24 Hour Fitness? From what I gathered you HAVE to either be the parent or have some form of parental sign-off that you're caring for the child.....I could be wrong.

Tags: