• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Motorbike licence

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by parnassto, May 7, 2012.

1. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

How much does it cost to get a motorbike licence from scratch so I can ride 1000cc bike?
      And how long does it take on average? And what it the fastest time possible?

Plus how long before I'm dead?

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

Look at direct access courses local to you. Maybe £800 max?

Depends how responsible you are.

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

U can be on one within a week!!

U can be dead in minutes!!

4. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

Have u rode any type of bike before?

5. lonerr4evamp

lonerr4evamp Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

yea but it'd be a fun few minutes!

6. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

If you haven't ever riden a motorbike an have no cbt it could take up to a week
      If you do have experience on a bike you you do it in 1-2 days + theory test.
      Don't get a 1000cc sports bike as a first bike lol you'll die quick, they are sharp handling, brutal in acceleration and unforgiving to a novice rider.
      I recommend a 125-250cc as a starter and gradually go up the learning curve. But if you really must the a 600cc bike to start with at max and even then they are not ideal.
      How quick will you die...... How stupid are you? Are you the kind of guy that likes saying watch this?

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

Your personality as you now know it will die very quickly as biking takes over your whole existence and changes you. Im not kidding. Still cant decide if taking up bikes was a good idea.

8. Fectteavezu

Fectteavezu Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

1000cc isn't a great idea for a first bike and not actually as much fun. A good 600cc super sport is so much easier to play with. My old R6 was so much quicker round the corners and easy to throw around than my R1. To be fair though I bought a 1000cc R1 after a couple of months riding

9. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

Couldn't agree more, I love my ZZR but most of the time would have more fun with a 600ish size bike

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Motorbike licence

I've always wanted a bike, however, I am CERTAIN I would be killed within a few weeks.

I would HAVE to ride it fast, and either some dozy old coffin dodger would pull out of a side junction in front of me, or I'd run out of talent.

I think when I'm the wrong side of 40 I'll serious look into one, but for the next 10years I'll keep away.

Anyone see the bike racing from Oulton Park at the weekend (Dai Jones?), a bloke came off his bike at the top of clay hill doing 140+mph, he and his bike hit the air barriers at ~100mph, real nasty looking accident, however, except for some minor concussion and a bit of his tongue missing from where he bit it, he was fine the next day.

You don't get a second chance on a bike usually, not like you would in a car.