• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Low CARB?

Discussion in 'Training' started by scooby, Feb 26, 2012.

1. scooby

scooby Well-Known Member

Is low carb diets necessary for cutting?, currently eating about 150-180g carbs a day and about 2000-2300 cals.

2. krupnijihbc

krupnijihbc Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

Not a requirement.

But it works. Dont decrease your carbs anymore.

3. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

yeah i aint dropping below 150g a day and not going over 200, aiming for a 1-2lbs loss a week to get abs back for summer.

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

Post the rest of your macros. as long as your eating below your maintenance you'll lose weight. I never drop carbs too low because I get low on energy. Plus im a such an ******* when Im cutting, I hate being hungry, so carbs are kinda essential to me that way I dont kill the people I live with.

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

150-180 carbs is already low..
      Some people find it necessary to carb cycle (look it up if unaware) in order to get into single digit body fat. I just started my cut and will start carb cycling soon just because alot of people have suggested it. Honestly, I don't think it's 100% necessary but speeds the process up.

6. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

im eating about 150g carb a day- About 130-180g of protein and about 50-80g healthy fats, currently about 178lbs 18-22% BF, going for about 160lbs 8-12% BF by june

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

Why are you cutting so early? I start in late march, early april.

NVM ^

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

just to give me time to experiment and do a cut correctly so i make SURE that i get to where i wanto be in time, Never done a cut before so first time going for my abs

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

If I were you I would cut out some of the fats and up your carbs just a little.
      The way I look at it is: The easier the cut, the easier it is to maintain the cut.

I started cutting a month ago haha, Tell me something yall. Have you guys ever grown on a cut?? Im talking about strength and size??
      This is my second official cut and On both I've gained ALOT of strength and some size. I have my macros down to a T and I have been dropping BF% yet I lift more.

10. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Low CARB?

Ive gone on to strength training while cutting to try keep the muscle i have while i melt away the fat so when i get down to 8-12% range ill look ripped and not skinny , and also ive noticed even tho im cutting my strength doesnt fail untill near the end of my workout, i Fatigue more easy on low carbs and cals, so i do 5x6 on every body part - get in the gym .. lift HEAVY then run about a mile on a tredmill and smash abs afterwards

Tags: