• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • I'm kicking my ass and the scale won't move

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Canellesao, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Greetings everyone

This is my first post on bodybuilding.com, i found bodybuilding.com no more than a few months ago. When i decided to start working out again. i used to play wrestling professionally for many years and had a very active life, But u know the drill work busy schedule not watching what u eat and not working out baaam. i gained about 15 kg of body weight and looked like a barrel. a strong one though.

Last October i decided thats it and i committed to changing my life style. i quit smoking (10 years) i quit drinking (for good since 11 years) and i gradually stopped eating junk ( i used to live on it) and i started working out again. as gradually as i took i started feeling good results and started loosing some fat and making very good gains as i started with a lot of improvement in strength, endurance and overall fitness.

Starting February i started doing things the way they should be done. by following a diet and strategically planning my workouts and supplements. I have no problem what so ever at the gym due to my years of experience working out with weights since i was a kid. Following is a break down of what i have been doing for the past two month and running.

Early morning (depending on my appetite when i wake up i either have an early morning or a breakfast then the other)

Whey protein in water

Breakfast (1-2 hours later)

5-6 egg whites 1 whole egg
      1 slice of brown bread
      1 slice of cheese or cucumber or tomato

(i take a multivitamin and fish oil supp. after breakfast)

Pre workout drink (1 hour later)

jack 3d + 10g bcaa in 1 liter of water

Workout

i have a 3 day muscle split with 45 min. post workout cardio sessions and 2 days for cardio and abs (neck+ forearms)

Post workout

Whey protein shake

Lunch (1-2 hours after workout)

2 grilled skinless chicken breasts or a grilled fish or grilled or roasted turkey
      1 small cup of rice or pasta or any very small portion of carbs without any oils or butter
      1 small plate of mixed sald or vegtables

dinner 9 pm

i don't get a lot of appetite lately i used to be a pig but my slight change lead to me not having appetite after 8 or 9 pm

1 fruit or all bran cereal with skimmed mild or some gummy bears ( love'em ) or some almonds

before bed (1-2 hours)

i have a protein shake unless i ate some protein at dinner like lunch examples.

---------------------

i have also recently started taking zma before sleep to help with recovery and performance

and i take bcaa a couple of times a day and sometimes during intense workouts when i feel i can push more today at the gym. i push myself very much at the gym and my lifting weights have been constantly increasing.

Here is my training split

day 1

10 min cardio warm up, chest + biceps + 40 min cardio

day 2

10 min cardio warm up, Abs, neck, forearms 30 min hiit or 45 min 75% cardio

day 3

10 min cardio warm up, Back + triceps + 40 min cardio

day 4

off

day 5

10 min cardio warm up, sholders + legs + 10 - 20 min intermediate intensity cardio

day 6

10 min cardio warm up, Abs + Abs and more Abs till i can't stand up straight then 20 - 30 min hiit

day 7

10 min cardio warm up, chest + biceps + 40 min cardio (begin new cycle)

I know i told you the story of my life, but i'm really stuck here and i need your help. here is my problem all that i mentioned i have been strictly following for at least 2 months with a 1 or 2 cheat meals per week and great workout performance. My problem is the freakin scale is not moving i can see in my every week pictures that my shape is slightly changing week by week but still the scale has been stuck at a certain weight. every other month i change my workout for 2 cycles completely and surprise my body with something new, try different cardio activities yet the scale wont move.

Could it be that i'm gaining as much muscle as i'm loosing fat. or does my body refuse to give away the Newton presence on land. I'm really getting devastated. i would so much appreciate your input. Thanks for your time reading my post looking forward to hearing your comments..

Happy Hyperventilation

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

I'm kicking my ass and the scale won't move

Last edited by tmx1050; Today at 07:13 AM.

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

What is your current weight OP? Also what you are having doesn't help us out at all....we need calories and macro's if you want help.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I'm 5' 10 and i'm 216 lb. that has been my weight for the past two months. i think my calories round up to about 1800 per day, macor's (English please !!)?

5. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Dont think, figure it out.

Macros: Fat/Carb/Protein
      http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973

6. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

I wouldn't waste my time doing abs abs and abs or neck and forearms. Plus if you can do 20 mins of cardio after legs you aren't kicking your ass.
      I was doing something similiar but decided to just work one single body part per session in the morning and then cardio at night if I could.
      I cannot run for 2 or 3 days after legs. Worked for me. I think your overdoing it.

7. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

If you don't what macro's are then you def need to head over to nutrition and read the stickies, as well as the ones on here. Count calories, every thing you eat...condiments and all. Most people underestimate the calories they are taking in by a lot, there are a lot of sites out there you can use that will make counting calories easy. Calculate what your maintenance calories are and cut them by 20% and you will lose weight.

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I think we found your problem op. You need to make sure your macronutrients are split well. Look at campbell fitness on youtube. He has a cutting video that should really help. You want to make sure you get the right amounts of fat, protein and carbs. Also eat fat burning foods, oats, almonds and other nuts etc..

9. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

I do understand your perspective coming from a bodybuilder, but my legs are my strongest body part and i can push them further than most of my body parts however i already have big legs and if it was for me i love the way they look as most the fat i have is around my waist and abs. I do work out full training for legs but i don't need to push as far as increasing there size i use my leg muscles to burn as well and yes i still feel ok to have a 10 to 20 mins only intermediate cardio mainly to loosen them up. Worth mentioning My weights for compound exercises are pretty good for my size and experience.

10. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

whats your morning tea? afternoon tea?

substitute "1 fruit or all bran cereal with skimmed mild or some gummy bears ( love'em ) or some almonds" for a source of slow releasing protein such as cottage cheese, eggs etc..