• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • How is my diet for my cut?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, May 1, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I'm 6' 230 around 16% BF. My goal is to get down to 10%, without loosing much muscle. I've been on this diet for 3 weeks and haven't lost a pound. During this time I've been taking Lean Xtreme, EC, and Osta. I really think Osta is working wonders retaining muscle while burning fat. Been getting a lot of compliments that I look a lot leaner. The scale hasn't moved, which is pretty crazy. Please have a look at my diet below and let me know some feedback on how I can approve. I eat pretty much everything below m-f, and cheat S and Sun.

Breakfast:
      3 Whole Eggs and 2 Egg Whites
      (should I add some oatmeal?)

Snack:
      Almonds
      Whey Protein Shake

Lunch:
      Salad with Grilled Chicken + Tuna with mayo

Snack:
      Almonds

Preworkout:
      1/2 Cup of Oatmeal
      Whey Protein Shake

PostWorkout:
      35 grams Glycomaize
      Whey Protein Shake

Dinner:
      Chicken or steak with brown rice or whole wheat pasta, or sweat potatoes.

Snack:
      2 tablespoons Skippy Natural Peanut Butter

Prebed:
      Casein Protein shake.

Approximately 2100 calories a day.

Carbs - 100g
      Protein- 250g
      Fat- 80g

Thanks!

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

How is my diet for my cut?

Hard to tell because we don't know your exact calorie count...

How much whey are you throwing down at once? How much brown rice for dinner meal? How many almonds?

I'd add oatmeal or some kind of carb for meal one.

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I updated my post, forgot to include my macros.

Approximately 2100 calories.

Carbs - 100g
      Protein- 250g
      Fat- 80g

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

It's not bad. I think you could do a little less with the carbs

5. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Your diet looks pretty good. But just like he said maybe you should add some carbs first thing in the morning. It's hard to tell unless you know your exact macro values. Use a calorie counter to figure out your exact calories and macros for a typical day so you can actually know for sure. Also maybe the cheats on saturday and Sunday can be preventing the fat loss and ruining the progress you made all week. And what about cardio. Cardio is essential if you want to drop fat while eating enough to maintain muscle

6. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Thanks - I posted my macros in my first post. I try to get some LISS in about 3 days a week for 20 - 30 min. I really think the Ostarine is recomping me nicely. I will limit my cheat days to once a week, and throw in high intensity cardio on my two off days.

7. Jawaz

Jawaz Well-Known Member

Too many carbs for a cut , specially if its not a carb cycling diet lol...Get less carbs In IMO.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

That is why I'm not consuming carbs for breakfast, because I feel pre and post workout carbs are more important. What carbs above should I remove/change?

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

I personally would do Lyle McDonald Ultimate Diet 2.0 , or a milder version of Carb Cycling paired up with daily cardio twice a day so you can keep your metabolism boosted up longer. Pre-Post workout carbs are ok in Bro-Science but there is not a real need for the body to train like that , proven by Intermitent Fasting , What I would suggest is if you want to cut , to rule out any source of sugar , like dairy , or sugar containing complex carbs , for sugar can be bad specially in a cut for those with high insulin sesitivity and by reducing every way for it to spike , paired with a good routine and a calorical deficit , its just a matter of sticking to your plan to reach your goal.

10. casse

casse Well-Known Member

I would disagree with this. Granted, we are different body compositions, I'm consuming 166g carbs per day approximately and still dropping fat mass.

I don't think it is necessary to deplete carbs during a cut for a cut to be successful. My experience in doing keto diets in the past, over long period of time (9 months or something) yielded significant muscle mass loss.

Having the best results as well as the easiest results I've ever had while consuming more carbs than in the past.

Look into carb cycling as an alternative. Celorza mentioned this and I agree. It's good advice.

Tags: