• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Health Problems related to cutting? ?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by Korporalegq, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

So I have been cutting since Jan 1st and everything was going very smooth untill last week. All of a sudden I got a ton of strange symptoms all at once. Intense chills/cold all the time, insomnia, VERY intense and irrational anxiety/depression,crazy fatigue. . .Pretty much just going from feeling normal to the worst ive felt in my life in a matter of a few days. I literally felt like a different person. After 2 days of that I bumped my calories up by a ton and have been eating well over maintenance for the last week. Feel great and back to normal so I want to get back to cutting this last % or two. But something tells me this incident was diet related. A few things that concern me though are-

1) I have not been taking a "hardcore" approach by any means. My cals have never gone below 2500 in a day. Most days they are closer to 3000. I have not been cheating at all just keeping cals at arround 2500-3000 a day for the last few months.

2) I'm not lean. I would personally guess I am about 12%, but there is no way I am 10% or below.

3) This came out of nowhere. I literally went from feeling normal to trainwreck in a matter of days.

So just wondering if anybody has had the same/similar experiences? I want to continue and actually try to hit single digit BF so I just want to get things completely dialed in . .

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Health Problems related to cutting? ?

I highly doubt it is from cutting, since you said you have been doing it since January. People might experience some of those symptoms at the beginning of the cut but not 3 months into it. My only guess would maybe be not getting enough sleep, or you maybe dipped down too low with your calories and may have not realized it. You have any added stress lately in life? Stress could be causing it.

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Macros? Lack of fat in your diet may be the problem.

4. littlemudda

littlemudda Well-Known Member

200g protein and 100g of fat every day.

5. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Thats what I am thinking. Not exactly a very long cut and my calories are far from low. I think overtraining may have played in a bit. Been spending too much time in the gym recently after getting a workout partner.

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

stress, over training, lack of sleep, not enough calories and weather can all effect your well being... maybe you were simply tired and needed a break...

7. jailynn24hb

This is basically what I am chalking it up to. After a week of eating over maintenance and staying out of the gym I feel completely back to normal.I'm Going to lower the volume in my training split and add a couple hundred cals a day and see if I cant get shredded for summer without becoming a Zombie again LOL.

8. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Just general depression maybe? Maybe to many other things in life are changing at once? Look for other causes first before trying to blame it on a diet. Bipolar? Social anxiety? Could really be many things but I doubt your diet is the cause. I been eating 1600 cals per day since January when 2000 stopped working. I mean I get the basic bad moods and irritability but that's not just cause of the diet. Anything can trigger this and maybe cause most people look to food for comfort you're stuck with nothing since you're on a cut.

9. jailynn24hb

Believe me I have thought of everything and I just cant come to any other conclusion. I have an extremely stress free lifestyle and have no mental illness/ depression/anxiety issues. Like I said It happened overnight and was gone after a couple days of rest/refeeding. Just going to chalk it up to a combination of overtraining/undereating.

10. Jemenony

Jemenony Well-Known Member

After doing much more research into overtraining I think that is what is mostly to blame. I've had waaaaaaaay too much volume in my routine. When I actually thought about it I have probably been soending 2 hrs a day 5 days a week in the gym lifting(hate to be that d-bag) and that is on top of 40 hrs a week of physical work and not to mention the fact that I ride a bike to and from everywhere. Probably going to try and take it a little easier on myself at least while I am cutting.