• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Hating Weekends

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by vijugati8g, Apr 2, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

During the week I have a routine. It works. I don't have a ton of downtime during the week. Then the weekend comes along. If I am not doing something and it could be anything then I drift toward snacking. At work I am fine. Then I workout at night. During the weekends a handful of pretzels turn into 300-500 calories in no time. It is just a pain in the a$$.

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

If you don't buy stuff like that when you shop then it won't be in your house for you to eat it on the weekend.

3. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

Oh I know that, but I have two kids and a wife. Not worth the battle.

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

In Soviet Russia weekend hate you!

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

Plan for it and use it as a carb up. No big deal.

6. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

I agree that it's not fair to your wife or sons to not have the stuff in the house. You're just going to have to toughen up.

7. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

Same here, I think it happens to lots of peeps. 5 days a week I'm spot on and perfect, then I end up fishing and camping the whole weekend and eating whatever but usually end up in a severe deficit and end up eating junk on the way home. Last weekend I stayed home and didn't go anywhere, wife thought it would be cool to get two half gallon tubs of ice cream for the kids. I felt it was my duty to save the kids from overeating on the ice cream so I ate it all for them to get rid of it. I haven't had ice cream in about 2 years and there's a reason for it. Now I'll be in a deficit for an additional couple weeks... nobody's fault but my own. *sigh*

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

I can relate!

I used to just put my mind to dieting and do it successfully, barely falling of plan. Lately I've become so aloof and about it. It's almost like I need an accountability partner or a challenge or something along those lines to get me to commit. I keep lurking for inspiration, as I would like to lose 5 vanity lbs, but I am just kinda meh about it.

My house is full of goodies too, and that's not changing any time soon.

Something I found that can work is having an intermittent fasting approach to weekends. I skip breakfast, have a light lunch, and then a 1,000+ calorie dinner.

Sorry, I am of no help except to commiserate.

9. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

Yup...discipline is easy at work. Some protein powder, coffee, packs of flavored tuna and Mio Water flavoring in my desk take care of any hunger outside of the lunch I take with me.

Leisure time on the weekends is when challenges appear.....going out, beers, wings, pizza and such is mighty tempting.

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Hating Weekends

Exactly what I started doing these past few weeks on my diet. Helps a lot!