• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • For those w/ successful cuts... what worked for you? please share!

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by vergeeld, Apr 16, 2012.

1. vergeeld

vergeeld Well-Known Member

So WE know all the basics...calories in < calories out, weight lifting, having a deficit, cardio... blah blah blah.

Smart a$$es need not reply and thank you for not.

Im curious to know for all the successful cutters out there...

What worked for you during your cut?
      What obstacles did you face and how did you overcome them?
      Did you have to change anything in your diet?
      What mistakes did you make?
      What did you learn during your cut you wish you knew before you started?
      What is one solid advice you can give to us fellow cutters?

Thanks!

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

For those w/ successful cuts... what worked for you? please share!

Inb4 sarcastic post about stickies

3. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I've been cutting for a while and .. i'm going till July.

perhaps beyond.

what works ? not sure. I just know I can't continue overweight.

it's do or die for me. I have not one more second to waste being an overweight person and unfit.

What works: Calorie deficit, lifting hard, 3-5 times a week, lean food, fruits/veggies/whole grains/protein for my body.
      Obstacles: Me
      Change Diet: Yes
      Mistakes: not doing this sooner (basically only mistake I"ve really made)
      What I wished happened before my cut: READING THE STICKIES from the bruhzzzz!
      ADVICE: do you want it?

4. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Last edited by loseitall90210; Today at 06:08 PM.

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

3 months do lose the fat you have? come on man. you obviously haven't gained much muscle beyond your natural state so you can afford a decent sized deficit.

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

I guess I would consider myself a successful cutter. Not done, but a hell of a trip thus far anyway.

What worked was literally finding what worked best for me. Tried going to the gym, hated it, too much waiting in line for my tastes. I learned to love working out at home, started with Kendall Hogan's "Bootcamp" and graduated to P90X, which I loved to the last day. Then I scored myself a set of those bowflex hand weights that you turn and the weight changes, and there are about a billion exercises that I do with those.

In diet, I tried eating crazy clean, got bored really fast, especially since I don't eat fish so it was chicken and broccoli and it sucked. Was turned on to IF by someone on this very forum (I forget who it was but I owe them thousands of reps) and it changed my diet. I love being able to actually eat a quart of kung pao chicken from chinese takeout and still lose weight. Amazing.

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

What worked for you during your cut?
      Logging my food intake online
      What obstacles did you face and how did you overcome them?
      Drinking on the weekends, get togethers with friends and family, craving pizza and fast food
      I still have some issues with it, but I try to eat the stuff I know will get me full before I go out, and try to build in a bit of a buffer when I go out on the weekends
      Did you have to change anything in your diet?
      I went from eating fast food every day to rarely going out. I had to find food I knew I would enjoy day to day, and make it less of an event/reward, and more of a source of fuel
      What mistakes did you make?
      Thought I could get by without recording my food for a few months. 2 months set me back 6
      What did you learn during your cut you wish you knew before you started?
      The lean gains approach has made everything so much easier for me, also realizing that I wasn't actually hungry when I thought I was. Water quenches "hunger" better than anything else
      What is one solid advice you can give to us fellow cutters?
      Try your best to be honest with yourself, don't give up after a set back. Log everything. Cut without cardio. Find what foods keep you satiated. Sleep will help you retain your strength better than anything else. Even though you aren't supposed to get gains while cutting, still go for them. Be patient. Cheat occasionally without guilt, but be ready to be hungry the next day and don't give in. If your weight is stalling, increasing calories will probably not help give it a month and wait for the day you pee 11 times. Caloric deficit works. Don't trust anything else!

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I had the same problem too, that is a true mistake to not make if you can avoid it. Taking the 10 seconds to write things down will help substantially.

9. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

1.Calorie Deficit
      2.Nutella and peanut butter (cant resist either). Honestly its the food at work and @ home, there is free food everywhere and not a single ass buys anything healthy. Hard to control your diet with all the free junk food lying around.
      3. Of course, cutting is all about diet. Lowered my carbs(calories in general) and hit the weights hard.
      4. Weekend re-feeds. I freaking over ate every weekend. Kinda wasted all the weeks hard work in one day.
      5. Nothing new It wasnt my first cut
      6. Hmmmm, treat food as energy, just energy. All you need to do is eat so that you can continue with your daily activities.

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I've only been lifting for a month, and started my first cut on March 2nd (severe diet change).

I thought running and doing crazy cardio would make me fit. It got me skinny fat at 228 from 242....then I came to this message board and read the stickies.

I do what the brahs say and I've noticed a differerence. I'm a gambling man, let see who loses more pounds by July 1st.

Only PAYPAL.

after my cut, I plan on doing a clean bulk to fill it all out.

We can make a different bet then.

just got me some brand new jeans down fro 38 to 36..next stop 34.