• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • eat breakfast or skip it?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by crormaSoila18, Feb 27, 2012.

1. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

i always thought it was important to eat breakfast and im trying to get the facts straight. people are telling me to go to the gym on "an empty stomach" which im assuming means not eating for like 5+ hours before going to the gym so when i wake up i guess im not suppose to eat breakfast and just go to the gym feeling sloppy and then have less time in my day to get another meal in so i would only be able to get 4. so someone please tell me do i eat breakfast or not and why

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

eat breakfast or skip it?

Obviously eat breakfast. Going to the gym on an empty stomach does nothing good for you. It's just a bunch of broscience.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

It's completely up to you. Meal timing and frequency is irrelevant. I haven't eaten breakfast in years though

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Personally when cutting I eat when I am hungry, if that means going to the gym fasted then I will do that. If you need to have breakfast to make it though your workout then by all means eat breakfast. Cutting really isn't that hard, there is to much focus on meal timing and eating clean. Bottom line is get your protein and make sure you do not go over your calorie limit for the day. If you follow these rules you are going to lose weight.

To the guy who says "going to the gym on an empty stomach does nothing for you."

Take a look at Martin Berkhan,
      http://www.leangains.com/
      He does all of his training on nothing more than just a few grams of BCAA's prior to training and he goes hard and heavy. I would say he is doing just fine by not eating breakfast, but then again it's what works for him.

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

well i could go to the gym without eating breakfast since its suppose to like make u burn your fat instead of the the food you ate or something similar from what i understand thats no problem. but then im missing out on a meal for the day leaving my macros for the day pretty low so im not sure which i worse. getting less protein and carbs or burning more fat

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

eat, brotha! If you plan to maintain the muscle you have and grow more, you need macros after a period of fasting(while you sleep). When you train on an empty stomach, your body will bread down amino acids(muscle) to fuel your muscles to perform. it would be counterproductive! Bottom line: It's like putting gas in your car! You don't go on a road trip with an empty tank of gas!
      I think your information you got is talking about fasted LISS?

7. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

It doesnt have to leave your macros low, just get them in somewhere else during the day.

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

appreciate it man i dont think i could ever give up my proats anyway. that ****s is way tooo good

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

without even reading your posts, i could answer your question with a "DEFINATELY eat breakfast"

10. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

I think your question is poorly phrased. I think what you're really asking is if you should have some sort of pre-workout meal 1-2 hours before the gym.
      My answer is a resounding yes and I would supplement that answer with eat some good carbs as a pre-workout meal (oatmeal if we're talking breakfast). From personal experience I've always had breakfast then go to the gym about 2-3 hours later (11am breakfast then about 2pm gym at the latest). Normally I always had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast but felt I didn't have enough protein in my diet so I switched it with a whole bunch of egg whites and maybe 2 egg yolks. The days and weeks that followed I noticed strength loss. Then I came to realize I didn't actually lose strength I simply had no energy to do my normal lifting.

So I say eat good carbs before your workout no matter what time of day it is.