• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Cheating on a clean bulk

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by fa2nzg, Apr 25, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I've been on my diet for two weeks without deviating so far, and I'm gaining about a pound a week. I was thinking about rewarding myself once a week with a "cheat meal" - meaning I don't count the macros at all in my daily diet.

Is this something that's really gonna be a huge issue with my progress if it happens once or twice a week, but I'm perfect the rest of the week?

I apologize if this has been answered before, but everything that I found when I searched was just people talking about IIFYM. I understand that approach, but that's not what I'm trying to do right now.

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

Your on a bulk. Having a "cheat meal" where you don't count the macros will not harm your progress in any way and is a good psychological break. Even on a cut having a cheat meal is not a big deal. I personally do it once a week.

Enjoy life man and grub!

3. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

if it puts you over your target calorie intake, it will simply add to the fat gain. how much of a surplus are you doing?

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

Yes cause 1 cheat meal a week will add to major fat gains *smh*

5. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

2950.26 is my maintenance, and I'm doing a 20% surplus at the moment. So I'm around 3,500 calories, with about 110g of fat per day.

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

Bro have a cheat meal and be done with it. It's not going to cause any negatives. Don't over complicated the uncomplicated.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

So you're not trying to consume a reasonable amount of calories calibrated to your goals and you are not trying to consume sufficient amounts of micro and macronutrients?

8. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

I personally think 1lb per week is too fast. If you're not concerned with (likely) gaining more fat than necessary, then go ahead.

As far as the cheat, i mean it adds to your macros. i'm not saying not to do it (the mental break from counting could help), just be aware it isnt an all you can eat fest.

9. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

Not sure what smh means but you're clearly being sarcastic. One cheat meal a week could easily add to fat gains.. If that one cheat meal a week is say 1400calories (which it easily could be - a pizza at a restaurant goes over this quite often) and you eat it ontop of your 500 calorie surplus you're now at 4900calories over maintenance for that week which is definitely significant..

10. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Cheating on a clean bulk

I'm sorry I just don't understand needing a cheat meal on a bulk. I'm currently bulking at the same calories you are. I hit my micros/macros and eat whatever I want.