• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • All Junk Food but still healthy and ripped!?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by laxgoaliesrhs, Apr 12, 2012.

1. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Okay,

I didn't know whether to post this on the exercise or nutrition forum but I decided to post it here since it has just a little bit more to do with nutrition than exercise.

For those of you into the whole "bar fitness/calisthenic" phenomenon that has been making popularity over the internet lately, will know of "Hannibal For King" and if you don't know him yet, well then it's your chance to know of him but this thread isn't particularly about him but more of a thread on his diet and that of other individuals similar to him.

Around the 1:55 mark he says "I've been doing this, no weights involved, all junk food, 16 years or better, ya feel me?"

As you can see, if you watch his videos that the guy is EXTREMELY ripped and obviously extremely strong. He does pull ups, dips chin ups, in all sorts of variations, human flags, one arm pull ups that I don't even see some great athletes do. I know guys who've done gymnastics and can or could do the stuff he does but they are rather strict in their dieting. Also, to do the stuff he does doesn't only require great strength but I feel it requires great body endurance and has to have some cardio involved.

So it brings me to this question: Is it genetics that he can get away with eating junk food and anything he wants that keeps him looking like a Greek God? Is he naturally strong and ripped? Or is it because his metabolism?

I'm not discounting that this guy has put in time working out. In fact, I've seen him in action before personally. I'm just using him as an example, but I know of other people that looked like they were chiseled out of granite and were athletic and strong but ate all sorts of junk food and never seem to gain an ounce of fat, EVER. I have a friend who's a break dancer and eats donuts, ice cream, you name it, and you know how athletic break dancers are. Plus, yeah, he's very ripped.

Me on the other hand, I had to watch what I eat because my body becomes what I eat. If I eat all sorts of crappy food, it will show in due time. And I have to WORK very hard to keep my body up to par.

Do you think he or guys like him or just blessed with a ripped physique and natural strength but just hone it by exercising more and keeping the fat off? (Hope I'm making sense hear). It just makes me think it has to be genetics or their metabolism to an extent.

Share your thoughts.

2. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

All Junk Food but still healthy and ripped!?

Yes, Yes, Yes.

You've seen what happens to most people who eat whatever junk they want.

Not familiar with this guy, but anybody ripped eating all the crap they want has an unusual situation that would be hard to emulate. Sure one can be ripped eating endless junk, but healthy? Not for long, it will catch up eventually. Even skinny people can get heart disease.

I just found the vid on youtube. He's one of these guys who spends what must be hugely long periods of time in a playground pulling their weight around. They have very impressive physiques, but yeah they are definitely working their butts off and have strong genetics.

Some of what he is doing is absolutely sick, his strength to weight ratio must be up there with the best gymnasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsTKfUT-RQ

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Cals in vs Cals out. IIFYM.

Read the stickies and you will know

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

If you eat too many calories, you will gain fat. It's easier to eat too many calories when your consuming mostly processed/packaged foods. Some people can naturally moderate how much they eat(stop eating when their body has enough fuel/nutrition) without actually tracking/dieting, others can't.

5. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Hannibal includes grapes in his diet, nomsayin.

6. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

I don't think he does

7. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

SHOOT!! I forgot to put the link up to the video then realized I can't post up the link to the video because I have to have 50 or more post! But yeah, in about 2-3 videos of his he mentions how he eats whatever he wants. He also has a FB page where he's snacking out on lobsters and stuff.

You make a very good point though. You have guys like Floyd Mayweather's father (I think Roger Mayweather) who is up their in age and looks damn good but all the crappy food he ate has caught up to him and he has a respiratory problem now. I guess eating right pays off in the long run.

8. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Lobsters? Hahaha, lobsters are a nice lean protein...

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

He has no legs, so bw stuff means jack **** as he isn't having to handle any appreciable resistance. Put him under a bar and test his strength. He is lean and ripped, but not big by any definition of the word, nom sayin, na mean?

All of that being said, yes if you eat a caloric deficit you can get ripped on burgers and pizza. Ya feel me cuz? /thread

10. krupnijihbc

krupnijihbc Well-Known Member

Last edited by JasonDB; Today at 12:14 PM.