• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 5'6" 21 year old .. Weight ideas ?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by defelqy, May 16, 2012.

1. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

I'm going down to 162-165lb 9-10% body fat ... Question is ? Will I look good at this weight ?

Previously 192lb with 26% body fat:

3 weeks later
      I haven't lost any muscle mass as it seems and waist has dropped 3.5inch,most body parts are measuring at the same as the were...

Currently 178lb with 19% BF

STATS: (all in inches)

Calfs-16.5
      Thighs-25
      Arms-14.8 Previously 15.2
      Waist-36. Previously 39.5
      Shoulders-50.5
      Chest-44.5

I'm reasonably lean most of my upper body is covered n a small amount of fat and bigger muscle groups are starting to part from each other i.e chest/delt, and top 2 abs are barely visable... Chest is flatter than I want ATM but you know . Most of my lean mass is coming from a big back ,legs and shoulders ....

Any input appreciated thanks

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

5'6" 21 year old .. Weight ideas ?

5'6" 165 at 9% bodyfat is an impressive physique that will for sure take years of consistent training. Doable for sure though.

3. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

I'm already currently training and I will be around 163 for 10 % BF by mid July .. My lean mass is 145 combined with 17lb of fat mass makes me 10% body fat which gives me 16lb to shift in 8weeks very dedicated very high protein intake to maintain my muscle mass on a carb depletion combined with jack 3d for my energy

4. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I've shifted 14lb of fat in almost 4 weeks muscle has maintained ... And I've got HIIT on guard for when fat loss slows .. U reckon I'm too aggressive for going so fast or am I safe .. I'm always eating 4ish meals a day no carbs except green veg ect ..minimal snacks odd bit of fruit but I feel good in myself and I am still getting stronger in the gym

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Ummm ... unless you've been doing serious lifting for 5-7 years I wouldn't expect to be 10% bodyfat in the 160s at only 5'6". Being that you're only 21, I seriously doubt that's the case.

I'd be curious to see a picture of you as is, my guess is you'll have to cut at least to the 140s for 10%, maybe even lower.

I'm sometimes wrong, but usually I'm not.

5'6" and 160s bodyweight while lean is beastly.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

I'm 5'5", 150 and I've been lifting heavy for 3 years with good nutrition and I am not close to 10% yet...

7. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

He's probably understimating his bodyfat.

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I'm a bulky person just short big bone structure and pretty solid muscle and tbh my back is to big for everywhere else especially for my height I only hold fat in the abdominal area and small love handles my legs are basically lean so pretty chunky I've just got small layer of fat overall but I'm seeing more definition by the workout .. And im far from a hard gainer .. I'll stick this out guys and for sure will post a pic thanks for your inputs

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I was 5'8" 176 and about 19% bf when I started cutting. I'm now down to 156 and around 10-11%. Never thought I would have to go this low.

You're probably gonna weigh less than you think when you get to 10%

10. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

I've heard that a thousand times.

Post a picture and maybe we can help you out with some realistic expectations.

As a frame of reference this is what 6-7% bodyfat and 162lbs looks like on a 5'8" frame:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/XNickEdgeX/

Yeah he's leaner than the 10% you're hoping to hit, but he's got 2 inches of vertical height on you as well. If you're not packing at least as much mass as him (I'd bet a hundred bucks you aren't), you've got a lot more weight to lose than you think you do.

Tags: