• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • 17y old, NO gains for 1 year!! do i have cancer, heart defect etc? (pictures)

Discussion in 'Training' started by casse, Apr 19, 2012.

1. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Hey, im a 17 year old danish guy. I've been working out semiseriously since i was 14, and got really serious when i reached 15-16 years of age. I am a complete health fanatic, and my diet simply could not be healthier/better. Only supplements i use are protein powder and the occasional creatine.

The past year, and i really mean the past year, not an overstatement, i have experienced no gains what so ever.. I lift/weight/look the same, and i have been working out seriously approx. 4 times a week. I have tried all kinds of things as a result of the lack of progress, sheiko, german volume training, a program created by the gym instructors, a routine i conjured up on my own, and nothing works.. This is a very serious concern, and i am really starting to doubt whether i have cancer, heart defect or any other serious disease, which should be keeping me from gaining. All my friends gain a lot of strength and mass, and i can just sit on the sideline wanting to kill myself of jealousy. It has gotten to a point where i truthfully need to force myself so bad, just to go down and workout, since the motivation is below zero due to no gains what so ever.

This is me today - and yes, i know i am a small guy compared to the fact that i've been working out for almost 4 years, please don't mock me with it, since my self esteem and motivation is already below zero - the last thing it needs is "how could you now have gained more in 4 years?????". The only measurement i have atm is arms, and they are approx. 17 inches or 43cm. And i haven't gained anything the last year ..
      Last summer, in june, i could lift 90kgx8 in bench, and as of today, im at 90kgx7........ I weigh roughly 86kg.

Am i terminally ill or something? This issue is really making me depressed, and i have no idea what to do.. My doctor has examined me for cancer, but he says its just lymph nodes, im not so sure though. Havent had my heart checked yet though.

Back; IMG_0070.jpg Weird biceps pose IMG_0071.jpg Front; IMG_0072.jpg

And please, i know i need to shed some fat, so please dont mention my BF %

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

17y old, NO gains for 1 year!! do i have cancer, heart defect etc? (pictures)

Eat more.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

if you have seen no difference in body composition at all, whether it be fat gain/loss or muscle gain/loss, then you need to start counting your macros and upping caloric intake. You already look pretty joocy, but in order to take your muscular development to the next level, you have to take your dieting to the next level. Try switching up your routine in the gym as well.

4. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Tried that couple of times, got fat, didn't gain, lost strength+mass while cutting down to a better looking weight, never gained it back due to my malfunctioning body = bad idea .. And i already eat a lot, i usually hit the 3000 calorie mark a day, so that can't be the issue.

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

As stated above, i have seen differences in my body composition, just no gains. I have gained fat mass, lost some, and gained some more the last year, but no strength or Lean body mass gains. Perhaps i should just quit working out and go full time bf3 or world of warcraft ....

6. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

If you aren't eating a calorie surplus, you can't complain about not gaining muscle. Eat a smaller surplus so you gain less fat.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

That is of course obvious, but the issue is, i have been doing that for long periods of time. after 6 months of that through the winter, i cut down the surplus due to gaining nothing but fat. Then i tried again a couple of months ago with no results either.

8. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

this

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

How do you know you gained nothing but fat?

10. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Gained approximate 1-1.5kg in the first period of 5-6 months, absolutely NO strength gains what so ever and it was very noticeable that i had gotten a lot less ripped, that doesn't leave much left for mass gain.