• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Who said you can't build muscle on Mark Rippetoe Starting Strength? 6 Month Progress

Discussion in 'Training' started by Canellesao, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Hello bodybuilding.com,

I always wanted to post my progress pictures but I was self-conscious about my physique but now thanks to lifting and the bodybuilding community I'm confident about my physique. I'am going to write about how I got into lifting I'll make it as short as possible bare with me:

I've gone through a lot of injuries, back in 2008 I was playing football for my middle school and got tackled on the side of my right knee colliding with the left knee I heard an awful pop, I thought I broke my leg but it was much worse I tear my ACL (Anterior cruciate ligament) and a meniscus tear I needed surgery ASAP. Got my surgery from one of the best orthopedic surgeon in the nation Dr. Stephen Swirsky, everything was fine since my left knee was healing up but the hardest part was therapy, I continued doing my exercise that the physical therapist told me to do she push everyday biking, squats, electric pulse therapy, balancing etc... Finally I was 100% 6 month of grueling therapy, the next year 2009 I was entering high-school and decided to enter the football team. On spring season I was going to play I was stoked! But then again I was struck with bad luck again I was going for the ball caught it turn to my left BOOM! got tackled he went for my knees heard the horrible pop again I was screaming but not in pain this time but in anger I knew what happen and what's in store for me in following months I tear my ACL again but in my right knee this time. I was sitting through the whole game with my head down in tears because I needed to go through the whole process again and I knew i disappointed my parents I don't care what anyone said but that's the worst feeling you can get. My mom & dad helped with everything when I was injured the first time now they have to go through everything again. Got the surgery again same surgeon he recommend me to weight lifting to strengthen my knees specifically ATG Barbell Squats Dr. Swirsky was in Muay Thai for many years so I trusted him, got therapy again with the same therapist. In school I was made fun of because they called me I was weak, a crippled, laughing because I was in crutches again but I always kept my composure because I knew there was obstacles in life that everyone goes through some sort of challenge it just depends how you deal with them. Once I got cleared to lift I went with my dad on January 21, 2011 to the gym was scared s***less since I was a scrawny 144 pounds with spaghetti arms chicken legs kid once I got in it was a whole new world after that I was hooked.

Injury: (Only picture I have of my leg)
      [​IMG]

January 21, 2011
      Before I set foot into a gym (144 lbs):

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

July 18, 2011
      After 6 Month on SS (173ish lbs):

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Lifting Stats:
      Squat: 105--->245lbs
      Deadlift: 105--->275lbs
      Bench: 105--->175lbs
      Military Press: 65--->105lbs
      BB Curl: 55--->100lbs
      Pull-ups: 10---> 20

Feel free to give some reps if you think my progress is good would appreciate it a lot. Thanks to my parents, surgeon, therapists, church, and you guys because you guys recommend me to SS.

Check out my progress pictures in my bodyspace profile: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Ur...n=progresspics

***This is just my 6 month progress from last year***

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Who said you can't build muscle on Mark Rippetoe Starting Strength? 6 Month Progress

More before pictures:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Who said you can't build muscle on Mark Rippetoe Starting Strength? 6 Month Progress

Mirin your lean bulk. Good job man keep it up!

4. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

More after pictures:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

5. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Wow, very good progress and nice job! repped! the legs seem like the weakest area right now but strong back and arms, keep it up dude your doing it right!

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

damn boy you got some chicken legs haha, keep at it though you've gained a lot of mass

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

excellent progress, looks like fat gains were minimal too. What was your diet like? right now I'm basically where you were in your before pics

8. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Good job.

Inb4 the one guy who is going to say your progress sucked because he is an anti-SS nazi.

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Just adjusted my calories when I didn't gain weight I add extra calories and when I gain too much slightly lower it

10. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Probably one of the best progress threads ive seen on TBB bro, really fantastic job. Were you doing any core during these 6 months or letting DL/Squats hit it?