• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Who loves Quest bars?! Do they help or hurt your clean eating goals?

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by Sarasmiles, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Sarasmiles

Sarasmiles New Member

First off, I love cookies and chocolate! I eat clean and compete in fitness shows though, so I can't indulge when I'm in that mode. I feel like the Quest bars have SAVED me when I had a crazy craving. I especially love the chocolate chip cookie dough and the strawberry shortcake. I warm them up for 8 seconds in the microwave and mmmm! I don't know if I'm giving in to sweetness cravings and just making it worse though. What's your opinion? Thank you for sharing!

2. AbsolutelySmart

AbsolutelySmart New Member

On the cartons of Quest bars says,"Natural". The ingredients that make up each bar are natural rich sugars, fructose corn syrup, wheat products, and other natural substances to keep them preserved for longer shelf life. The bars in variety of sweet flavors and dainties could be derived from natural by-products. With my age and low metabolism on carbohydrates (turn into unwanted fats) and can lead to diabetic problems, I'd probably skip any substitutes my body can't normally metabolize and burn. Protein and high fiber raw vegetables and strenuous activities are good partners for maximum health and fitness.

3. Remarkabull22

Remarkabull22 Active Member

My brother in law gave me a few of them to try. I would use them as a last resort if I needed something sugary-ish to go with my protein after my workout, but I usually had milk or something.

They were good, but any sort of "bars" are usually higher in sugar than I would like and I can get my macros through better foods. The microwave idea does sound good though!

4. Lynk

Lynk Member

I never tried these in the microwave, that sounds like it would make them more of a treat!

There was an episode of Alton Brown once where he showed how to make homemade breakfast bars. I bet something like that could be tweaked to help you fit it in to your macros? Cookies & cream however you slice it is going to add sugars, but there are lots of ways to make it healthier if you need to make it lower in carbohydrates or suit to a dietary need.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Member

They are SO good in the microwave. My favorites are probably the Apple Pie or the S'mores versions - honestly they just both taste like an indulgent treat. I do usually keep one in my bag in case I'm out and about on the go and I don't want to resort to eating something unhealthy - the protein in them keeps me going until my next meal.

6. trapchic

trapchic Well-Known Member

This thread got me craving for some good, ol sweet quest bars....

7. MarkB

MarkB Administrator Staff Member

I have never come across these before, I have now:-

Quest Cookies & Cream Bar
      Delicious protein bar with real cookie crumbles & cream, gluten-free and soy-free with 21g of protein per bar. Fantastic tasting bar for protein on the go. Revel in the taste of cheat day treats and the delight in knowing you're cheating clean! With 21g of protein and 5g net carbs, you'll be pinching yourself after every bite.

Sound very appetizing!

8. trapchic

trapchic Well-Known Member