• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What should I weigh after increasing my muscle content?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Newstarter, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Newstarter

Newstarter Well-Known Member

I appreciate that fat and muscle content are very different weights but what should my optimum weight be if I am 5’8” tall? I am looking to tone up my muscle definition but nothing too excessive.

2. admin

admin Administrator

There is a common misconception that muscle weighs more than fat when 1lb of fat weighs the same as 1lb of muscle. However, muscle is more dense than fat and therefore 1lb of muscle takes up less space than 1lb of fat. Hope that helps.

3. Tom White @gymtoto

Tom White @gymtoto Moderator

This realy comes down to how you want your body to look. Everyones idea of being toned is different to the next persons idea. Losing any bodyfat is always going to give you a more toned look as long as you keep your protein intake constant. Id go for about 1gram per pound of your bodyweight. And do cardio to help lose any fat. Hope this gives you a better idea of how to find out whats right for you. Good luck.

4. Lifthead

Lifthead Moderator

It all depends on how much muscle you actually have! If you want to be more toned AKA have more muscle definition AKA have a lower body fat percentage, you probably should start eating in a calorie deficit to lose some fat. That way you will achieve a more toned look. Of course, you should still accompany that with resistance training and cardio.

5. admin

admin Administrator

If you reduce your calorie intake to lose fat will this impact your energy levels for training? While reducing your calorie intake should you reduce your frequency of training?

6. Newstarter

Newstarter Well-Known Member

What is the quickest way to measure your body’s fat content?

Tags: