• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What is my body type/somatotype?

Discussion in 'Training' started by herunder88, May 18, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Height: 5'9"
      Weight: 85kg/187lb's.
      Target weight: 75KG/165lb's.

Picture of me recently, without training:
      [​IMG]

I started boxing again and I'm I've just joined back this week, I've been eating terrible and had no exercise coming up to joining back. I need to lose weight in order to fight and I'd like to lose some for my appearance, also; I'm 85KG/187lb's I want to lose around 10KG to get down to 75KG/165lb's, which I think is realistic, maybe more if it goes well.

I was reading up on somatotype's which started to make me kind of sad, thinking I could be an endomorph which most likely, I probably am. An endomorph is said to gain fat and muscle easily, finds it hard to burn fat, slow and tired, largely boned, small/stocky and pear/round shaped. I gain don't really gain weight when inactive and eating junk, I stay at the same weight which I am now and I lose weight at quite easily when I try; I wouldn't say I'm pear shaped but I'm not V shaped either, I'm kind of round so I suppose that fits into the endomorph category; I'm not slow and tired, I can run quite fast and I'm naturally strong, as a boxer I'm quite quick on my feet, fast hand speed and quite powerful explosively, but what keeps making me fit into this category is my body shape. Perhaps I could be a mix, but most articles describe this as extremely rare.

Can anyone clear anything up for me here?

2. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

What is my body type/somatotype?

I cannot tell what your somatotype is with your current level of fitness... Get into decent shape and then come back with that question...

Regardless, all somatotypes can achieve great physiques. Just get to work!

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

you look skinny fat most endomorph's wont be that chubby at that weight and height because of their large bones
      so probably a combo of endo/ecto yes it's possible.

4. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's discouraging to know that you're geneticly inferior.

5. tu1ck

tu1ck Well-Known Member

Well then, do not tell yourself that you are genetically inferior. The somatotypes mean nothing, and anyone can have a decent body as long as they are patient and consistent with their diet and training.

6. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Think of it this way: your slow metabolism makes it easier to bulk. Eat clean, work heavy at the gym and your goal should be achieved soon.

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Forget this body type hype. You do not have a "V" shape because you have high body fat. You are pear/round shape because you have a high body fat. It does not make you genetically inferior. Go on a cut. Get to a low body fat, then bulk.

8. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

you have no idea whether or not you're genetically inferior until you have at least worked your butt off and gotten some decent gains in the gym. Quit blaming genetics for everything and all your shortcomings.

You have absolutely no idea what body you are capable of achieving with the body that you have now.

Besides, ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph. All it is is how one's body will turn out to look when they add lean muscle on them. Zyzz had an ectomorphic bodytype (I think even Phil heath got ectomorphic traits, although i can't really tell with all the roids he takes lol). A good example of a mesomorph would be Jim Cordova and then a Jay Cutler got a somewhat endo/meso physique. Your somatotype will have no effect on how good you will look, the main things are just how your body shapes out to look and maybe your training style.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

You're bodyfat is probably like...19%?? Rough estimate.

10. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

I don't really want to bulk as I'm boxing.