• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What can you bulk on when you have celiac disease

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Oct 17, 2012.

1. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

What can you bulk on when you have celiac disease

You can bulk up on anything with calories. I'd recommend meeting your minimum protein, fat, and micronutrient needs first. Then you can fill in the remaining calories with whatever you want (gluten free, of course). And don't forget that not all carbs have gluten. Rice and potatoes come to mind as gluten free options that are calorie dense.

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

My best friend (may he RIP) had celiac disease. Whenever he came over I made sure my family would prepare a gluten free meal for him. I can somewhat relate to your situation OP, so best of luck!

3. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Gluten is a problem for many people. There are two types of gluten (gliadin, glutenlin) and many gluten free foods only succeed in getting rid of one form. You do not need carbohydrates (pasta, pizza, etc.) to bulk; carbs don't build muscle, many turn to a fatty acid and deposit around your mid section. If you must have carbs then all types of rice are completely gluten free, fruits, nuts, seeds and all veggies.

Trunks77
      B.S. Nutrition Science
      Certified SSN

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Rice, potatoes, quinoa for carbs

5. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Active Member

There are actually lots of food that do not contain gluten, and there are even gluten food that have gluten free versions, so it's not really a big deal if you know where to look. Maybe bulk up by eating high protein meats or something? The only thing you can't eat is rye, found on bread, so rice and meat, and lots of it, would help you meet your goals.