• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Vitamins

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Feb 22, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I usually take my vitamins and fish oil at night but would it be best to take it in the morning instead?

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Vitamins

why not take with your breakfast and lunch?

3. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Vitamins

I always take mine in morning with breakfast,but been taking orange triad latly which is 3 in morn 3 in eve,in the morning you got any vits that you need that your food doesnt make up for,at night some give you some energy which might not be good for sleeping.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Vitamins

No, it doesn't matter. Taking the vitamins with a meal can help with absorption, so they do not get expelled as urine too quickly, so do you take them with dinner or several hours afterwards? having fat with the vitamins helps with fat-soluble vitamins like A and D, ( again the meal helps here ), so the fish oil you take at the same time should help as well. I have not seen any studies or research that showed the time of day mattered at all for vitamin intake

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Vitamins

When you say take with a meal,is better before eating or after?

6. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Vitamins

I always down my vits/fishoil combo right before the meal goes in. Seemed to lessen the fishoil burps. Lol

7. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Vitamins

shouldn't matter much, but if you want to get nit-picky about it, I would say after. This way, the food is already in your stomach when the vitamins get there, this will slow down the rate of digestion of the pill / liquid whatever form its in, and mean there is already a pool of fat for those fat-soluble vitamins to get stuck in. (sounds nice, doesn't it?)

8. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Vitamins

I think this stuff take a long time(comparatively) to be digested properly. So, I think its not suitable
      to take it before bed. You will take sleep right after taking it so it can not be utilized properly. Lunch is the
      best time for it.

9. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Vitamins

edit - sorry for being rude, i typed that up from my phone at work. you know how work can be.... anyway, let me rephrase:

I disagree. your digestive system continues to work while you sleep. If you take the vitamin before bed, it will still be absorbed and digested through the night. They say you should eat fat and protein before bed to fuel muscle growth overnight. IMO this works with vitamins too. There is certainly nothing wrong with taking the vitamin at lunch, but there is nothing wrong with taking it before bed either!

10. wakamjibu1n

wakamjibu1n Well-Known Member

Vitamins

Last edited by Dr Zoidberg; 02-28-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: rephrase to be more neutral

Tags: