• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HisAngriness For This Useful Post:

Discussion in 'Training' started by laxgoaliesrhs, Feb 20, 2012.

1. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

This seems to be the one thing that is holding me back on biceps. My arms are by no means small, they are 18.5 cold. I know I could add another half inch easily if I could just get the outer head to grow. It seems like I can't even get a pump sometimes. Im looking for any suggestions on ways to improve them. I do hammer curls often and I think it is time to eliminate them and try other things. So far from what I've found, it seems incline DB curls are something I should start doing. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HisAngriness For This Useful Post:

Ever do site injects? Start pinning the outer head and then go work biceps later that day or the next.

3. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Ive tried pinning biceps but never the outer head. Every time I pinned the inner and always got some pretty bad swelling and soreness. I cant really see the split in my biceps so it's hard to pinpoint where to pin them. Do you pin your bis? If so how do you go about it? I've been wanting to do it more often but I just can't figure out where to do it. All the howtodoinjection sites don't really help much either.

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Hammer curls really hit your brachilis the muscle in between your biceps and triceps,21"s are great they pound the whole bicep,suppinated dumbbell curls,incline dumbbell curls......

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

If you run your thumb down the length of the bi and move it side to side you will find the split. I pin on the outside and directly in the middle of the muscle. You will be sore for the first pin and less and less sore as time goes on. But it will make the fascia feel tight and help you focus your mind muscle connection and really squeeze that area.

6. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

HisAngriness, M-Rods

7. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Ok Ill give it a try. I need some new areas to pin anyways. Thanks POB.

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

besides injections...My suggestion would be buy u some 30lbs dumbells just to keep around the house...just once in awile pick them up and do some burnout curls...U will be surpized the pumps u will get compared to working your arms out during a workout....Some of the best pumps i get is when i pick up my dumbells and just curl them out the blue...and once u get that bad ass pump u just keep going with it untill your tired.Dont count reps..dont count sets...dw

9. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I think I've seen you mention that before DW. I got some dumbells at the house. I'll start giving that a try. Im still skeptical of pinning biceps. I just can't figure out where exactly to pin it and at what angle. When pinning the outer head, would it be better to have my arm straight out or bent?

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

kinda stright out..maybe with a slite bend,....just try the ramdom curling bro..u will be surprized the pumps u will get...its like confuseing the muscle....I allways get better pumps that way compared to my reg arm training..dw