• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • teen wants to get lean

Discussion in 'Fat Loss' started by herunder88, Jul 4, 2012.

1. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

I am trying to lose weight and get lean as possible by mid october i am 14 years old 170 pounds 22 percent body fat and 5 foot 9 inches how many calories should i take in? I read stickies but they said its for 18 or older so im not exactly sure how many should i take in..

2. gabarit

gabarit Well-Known Member

teen wants to get lean

As a teenager it's harder to judge because you need more calories for your growth, you could use the stickies but add an extra 10% calories ontop of what you eat.

For your age it will be best if you eat well and just increase your cardio exercise for a while to see if you drop weight, if what your currently eating is keeping you weighing the same just up your exercise.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

teen wants to get lean

How is a 14 year old gangsta?

Anyway, what kind of workouts do you do? Do you play any sports?

4. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

teen wants to get lean

Well lately I have been counting calories and I was losig weight at about 2400 calories and then it stopped and I decided to start to eat 2000 and now tr weight loss has continued what I'm really worried about is whether this is muscle or fat that is coming off I have lost a good 10 pounds off of eating 2400 calories a day but i don't think it was fat loss because it really wasn't that noticeable and oh I do p90x so I workout 6 times a week sorry for the long paragraph

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

teen wants to get lean

The question I have is how fast did you lose 10 pounds? If you are losing more than 2 pounds a week it's too much.

6. jailynn24hb

teen wants to get lean

a 14 year old doesn't need to focus on fat loss, a 14 year old needs to focus on eating a healthy diet, lots of protein/carbs, and do resistance training multiple times a week. you will grow.

7. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

teen wants to get lean

Honestly i lost about 1 pound almost every day lol so I'm guessing that it was water weight or muscle correct? So I mean now that I have bumped it down to about 2000 calories im afraid that the weight loss is going to go in the same pattern again like I'm gonna lose weight really fast again so far I have lost a little less then a pound in 2 days what should I do then increase my intake or keep it as us and check my weight again at the end of the week?

8. teffetapunkxh

teffetapunkxh Well-Known Member

teen wants to get lean

So are you saying don't count calories just eat healthy lean proteins complex carbs and healthy fats?? And eat until ur satisfied so you don't over eat I mean if I do this how will I know I am Ina caloric deficit and making sure im losing weight? Thank you guys for all your responses by the way.

9. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

teen wants to get lean

You're 14, you shouldn't be concerned with being lean, workout regularly and eat reasonably (don't binge everyday) and you'll be fine.

10. jailynn24hb

teen wants to get lean

Ok cool thanks

Tags: