• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Swapping low protein for higher protein supplement?

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding' started by fa2nzg, Apr 26, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

I am currently on Blackmores Pro-defenition which is a low protein, low carb supplement. I take it every day 7 days a week after I workout at the gym. I am beginning to reach a Plato with my progress in where I want to go with developing my body, I am considering swapping to something more hard core that will keep me developing muscle whilst also keeping lean and dropping fat. I am considering swapping to Vital strength womens Define, Has anybody tried it and will it make me gain weight as it is higher in protein?
      any Help/advice from any pros out there would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. adabook

adabook Well-Known Member

Swapping low protein for higher protein supplement?

Protein DOES NOT make you gain weight EXCESS CALORIES do.

If you've hit a plateu then you may want to look at your training as well as your nutrition. How long have you been on your program? Are you still making progression? Is it time to change to things up?

As for your diet as long as you're hitting your calorie and macro intake to support your goals, you're good, so if you like the supp you're using now then stick with it.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

My diet is clean and low carb, Yohgurt/fruit salads, Fish, Vegetables and sometimes Chicken.
      I have only been on the program for a month, I am slowly increasing my workouts with longer running, higher repetitions and more sets. I am still making progression slowly, But was thinking a better/stronger supp might be suitable to achieve better results?

or I could stick with what I am doing (diet and training) and hope that over time those stubborn fatty parts on my body will go away

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I'd feel vaguely ripped off if I bought a low carbohydrate, low protein, protein powder.

Is it actually 'high' in anything...?

5. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Well its 25g protein per serving, but the other one im considering swapping to is higher so i was more concerned about how my body would cope, and obviously i'd have to make changes to diet + training.. it's more of a post workout supp for my body to revivalize and recover

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Fillers?

7. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

This /\/\

Yup. That's what I was thinking.

8. casse

casse Well-Known Member

When you start saying the same thing as the company selling the product, you might want to keep an extra tight grip on your wallet.

Your body will be fine - it's a dairy based protein, that's all. There's no need to change your diet and training.

9. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Losing fat takes time as opposed to just starving yourself and losing weight (which is basically all that hard earned muscle and a tiny bit of fat) and the closer you are to your goal weight the harder it becomes. Ultimatley it comes down to your calorie intake, if your maintenance calories are for example 2000 and you eat 2500 calories per day it can be the 'cleanest' lowest carb diet in the world..... you'll still put on weight. My point is that it's the numbers that count at the end of the day. You should be aiming for a 500 calorie a day deficit to promote healthy fat loss.

As for your protein intake what matters is that you're taking in the right amount for your goal. The recommendation is 1 -1.5g per KG of body weight, a 'stronger supp' by which I'm guessing you mean one that offers a higher amount of protein really doesn't matter, what matters is hitting that macro every day to so your body can repair itself.

I know it's really frustrating when you first start out trying to get everything right but keep tracking everything and you'll be fine. In the meantime I'd re-read all the stickies just to make sure you've got everything down.

10. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

i understand what you're saying, But i know it works otherwise It wouldn't help to curb my appetite and hydrate me after only a minimal dose of water, as well as keeping me lean and defining my body. I'm just considering something stronger+ more hard core as I stated. Blackmores aren't really 'all that' when it comes to body building supps, anyway it was good for a start, Maybe i will switch to vital strength.. see how it goes, as long as it won't make me gain weight