• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Supplements For a Begiinner?

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by deansaliba, Nov 8, 2012.

1. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

What kind of supplements would you recommend for a beginner? There just seems to be so many on the market and I've been led to believe that half of them work and the other half are scams.

2. chea

chea Member

Well, the only supplement you shouldn't do without, if you are serious about training, is protein powder. That's all I use. I sometimes use creatine, but I always use protein powder.
      You can get cheap whey protein powder at the grocery store which works great for building muscle. Or you can get slightly more expensive protein powder with added calories if you are trying to gain weight and build muscle.

3. Zonezan

Zonezan Member

I heard with creatine that if you stop using it you lose mass? Is that correct?

4. deansaliba

deansaliba Active Member

Thanks for the help there Chea, I'll start with the basic protein powder and then see where that leads. :)

5. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

You do not need supplements as a beginner. Just stick to the basics with regards to your nutrition and your training. Eat whole natural food with plenty of protein, fats and natural carbohydrates. The effects of supplements is minimal, you don't need to waste your money.

6. johnwilson225

johnwilson225 Member

I was about to ask this same question. Thanks for the tip "Chea". I will buy some today when I head to wal-mart after class.

7. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

It depends how often you're going and whether you feel you're lifting often enough to justify a supplement. If you're serious about getting bigger then sure, a protein powder would help repair and build your muscle, especially if you're just changing your diet to suit your workout needs.

But if you really are just starting out and not lifting that much as you get a feel for things it might not be worthwhile adding a supplement just yet, you're unlikely to yield results.

8. Bunnywithagun

Bunnywithagun Member

As a beginner I would recommend you only start out with a few of the basics and build from there as you progress. Get yourself some 100% whey protein, a good multi-vitamin, fish oil and possibly a pretty simple pre-workout. Something like C4, Jack 3d, but that is probably unnecessary at first. What are your current goals? How often do you workout?

9. allswl

allswl New Member

when starting out make sure you visit your doctor first and get a check up. Endure that your diet is good enough to support your bodybuilding program. if it is not then you may need to supplement. Start out with whey protein, a multi-vitamin, and a omega 3 supplement.

10. Gift3d

Gift3d Member

protein is all you need :) don't buy into things you know nothing about nor need