• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • So, can we now stop talking like Wolf is actually a contender?

Discussion in 'Bodybuilding Gossip' started by fa2nzg, Oct 15, 2012.

1. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Now, before people freak out and start calling me a Wolf hater, actually read what I'm saying.

For the last five years (maybe not including 2010 after his fall in 09), Wolf has been proclaimed as one of the few guys who could contend for the Mr. Olympia. And some people, every year, say he is actually going to win it. And every year, I find myself rolling my eyes. Not because I hate him (which I don't), but because he truly and honestly does not have what it takes to win the Mr. Olympia.

His contest placings alone should get that point across:

2007: 5th place
      2008: 4th place
      2009: 16th place
      2010: 5th place
      2011: 5th place
      2012: 6th place

He has never cracked the top 3, and based on how the competition currently looks, he will be lucky to ever accomplish that.

How can he possibly win when he is up against equally massive, better conditioned, more balanced and more symmetrical bodybuilders?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And those are just the three guys that, in my mind, Wolf could only beat if they were to die in a car crash. All three are insanely consistent (at least, they have been recently), so odds of every one of them coming in off enough for Wolf to beat them is virtually impossible.

And then, there are the guys that are somewhat wild cards.

Dexter - Has lost his legendary consistency, but when he can nail it (ie. this year) he is still better than Wolf.

[​IMG]

Victor - Dude suffered a career ending leg injury and was still better than Wolf. I doubt a broken arm and some time off will set him back too far.

[​IMG]

Cedric - Infinitely more proportionate than Wolf. Cedric has some of that Kai/Phil thing going on. Virtually no weak points. If Wolf and Cedric step on the same stage, I don't see how Wolf can win.

[​IMG]

Jay - If he comes back next year and hasn't further regressed too much, I think he will still beat Wolf.

[​IMG]

Oh, and lets not forget about Branch, a guy who Wolf has NEVER beaten.

Even if he should have beaten him in the past, it was never by a large margin. And if you can't dominate a mess of a physique like Branch's, what chance in hell do you have of beating a guy like Phil?

The odds of winning a Mr. Olympia are so heavily stacked against Wolf it astounds me that people say he will still do it.

Wolf will remain a guy who just manages to crack the top 6. And even then, I think those days are numbered.

2. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

So, can we now stop talking like Wolf is actually a contender?

RD approved!

Also, when Huh and beyeke come conditioned, they are much better put together than wolf, and i see no reason why those 2 can't leap frog him

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

its the bsn curse

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Exactly my own thoughts. There are so many more balanced physiques in the lower tiers of the IFBB that could potentially surpass guys like Wolf if they just came in condition.

It's my guess that there will be someone every year for the next several years that does this, hence why I think Wolf only has a couple years left where he can crack the top 6.

5. remstation

FullROM's gunna be annoyed lol.

Valid points Davis, Wolf's time is probably up. Too many pros with all round strengths whereas he still has weaknesses. He had an absolute gift at the AC Europe too.

6. remstation

davisforman, you should link that thread you once made critiquing wolf's physique like a year or two ago. you highlighted all his flaws and whatnot. that was a good read

7. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

My first thought too. One does not simply give up on the "contender".

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

This post got me excited for the next Olympia
      Cutler, Cedric, Rhoden, Heath, Greene, Martinez

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

I actually agree. His biggest flaw to me isn't even his calves. Its his hamstrings. I keep hoping to see him improve but he gains in some areas and regresses in others.

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

My name is T Timmerman and I approve of this message.