• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • smoking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alomjabpd, Apr 27, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Im sure that there aren't many smokers on the forum, but perhaps a few ex-smokers.

ive smoked for 15 years, half my life ( sad statistic ) and i train hard, nutrition is good, but this is the one vice i struggle with.

i havent had a cigarette for 6 days now, just had a few drinks too and resisted, although i would smoke right now if i was in a different social atmosphere. obv, im at home.

how did you overcome smoking? i know that its all in the mind and abstinence is the key, but i cant apply the same level of dedicated focus to training as to not smoking ( well im trying )

2. alomjabpd

smoking

If that's your avi carry on smoking, it's not doing you any harm.

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

smoking

I smoke and I hate it, Ive managed to overcome every vice I had and I had a few. Ill be following this thread for inspiration, however I think the simple truth is that you really have to want to give up.

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

smoking

Lol I'm a smoker....you can't see the damage.....it's internal!

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

smoking

Ha yes it is mate, tho that was a year ago, and no more cycles for me. still maintaining tho ;-)

seriously tho, its like i love the smoke, but i hate the smell and the feeling after but its the feeling of wanting one all the time, i just dont know how to beat it!

6. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

smoking

Dude, give it up and I have no idea, however, if you've managed to have a few drinks and not smoke, then you can do this, are you on NRT or similar, at all???? Good Luck My Man!

7. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

smoking

George, yeah you're right. i guess its a simple as that, but like you, i had a lot of vices - dont mind a dabble here and there, that i can control, but the urge for nicotine and especially when im cutting, 10 a day easy, yet if im eating ****e all week, dont want to smoke?

stimulants? it is the nicotine im sure

8. alomjabpd

smoking

what he said lol

9. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

smoking

I'm currently using an e-cigarette called SKYCIG and it is amazing, havent smoked in 2 weeks after smoking for 5 years and can't see myself starting again!

10. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

smoking

NRT, Is a bit of a con! Obvs, I think, old Turkey really is the way many peeps go in the end, I have ballsed on about my liver function and I have stopped drinking, however, I got brought a pack of cigs today (after about 40mg's worth of NRT), how ****e! Good Luck To Ya!! I mean it, do it and feel so much better, you ill in the end (about two to six months app.)!

Tags: