• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Should bodybuilders take creatine?

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by allswl, Nov 16, 2012.

1. kubica

kubica Member

I agree with this. Take it all in moderation. There is no question of if bodybuilders should take creatine. They should if they want to, shouldn't if they don't.

2. musclemad

musclemad Well-Known Member

I had a break from taking creatine for a few years because I couldn't afford extra money on supplements. I started taking creatine again a few months ago and I have definitely noticed an improvement in my performance.

3. untitled

untitled Member

Recently stopped taking creatine, noticed a little loss in size and strength.

4. Khronic

Khronic Member

Creatine is terrible and I hate anyone who uses it. I wouldn't compare it to steroids, but it's pretty close. Basically what creatine does is fill muscle cells with more water to increase their size, not necessarily performance. There was a meathead on my highschool football team that swore by creatine, and on a particularly hot day he didn't drink enough water and had to go to the ER because of liver problems. If you are looking to bulk, creatine isn't the answer.

5. untitled

untitled Member

The "meathead" wasn't responsible with his use of creatine clearly, creatine increases the size of muscles which in turn increases strength periodically, this is great if your trying to add strength training to your workouts.

Everyone who eats steak gets creatine as well, an 8oz steak contains about 2mg of creatine, which is half of what I supplemented with daily.

6. AnnaU93

AnnaU93 Active Member

Many people find such a supplement that makes them think they should take it everyday to see an improvement while in reality I can't stress it enough that they should be taking it in MODERATION. just like with a ybotherspplementnit says to eat while taking it and to never neglect that amount of water you drink.
      Never take this supplement on an empty stomach because the results will backfire on you big time.

7. musclemad

Woah, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Creatine is not comparable to steroids, creatine is naturally occurring in the body. It merely increases the number of times ATP can be recycled.

8. lalucien

lalucien Active Member

What's the main differences between creatine and whey then? I've read that whey helps build muscle mass and feed your muscles and on that basis I've been taking a whey protein after a workout. Would it benefit me to take creatine as well then?

9. musclemad

Creatine is not a protein, like whey. Creatine increases the number of times ATP can be recycled and ATP is the energy system you use when you are weight training, it supplies short bursts of energy.