• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Reply from the Home Office regarding Steroids

Discussion in 'Anabolic Zone' started by jailynn24hb, Apr 15, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I thought I would share with you a reply from the Home Office regarding a letter I sent to them on 13/03/2011 regarding the Importation of Steroids for Personal Use.

Im going to be working on my reply this week.

Best Regards

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Reply from the Home Office regarding Steroids

Last edited by Mr Universe; Today at 10:08 AM.

3. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Ah you left tracked changes on so your name is still there mate...

4. casse

casse Well-Known Member

Can somebody paste the content here please. I don't like to download .doc files from unknown sources.

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Direct Communications Unit
      2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF
      Switchboard: 020 7035 4848 - Fax: 020 7035 4745 - Textphone: 020 7035 4742
      E-mail: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - Website: www.homeoffice.gov.uk

13 April 2012

Reference: T4407/12

Dear Mr ........

Thank you for your email of 14 March about the Government’s latest announcements on anabolic steroids. Your email has been passed to the Drugs and Alcohol Unit and I have been asked to respond.

The Government’s independent expert advisers, the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD), highlighted in its 2010 report (‘Consideration of the Anabolic Steroids’ available at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publica...eroids-report/) its concerns about the increasing use and popularity of anabolic steroids for the purposes of body building and image enhancement by the general public, in particular young people. It recommended that anabolic steroids should remain Class C drugs under the 1971 Act and while there should continue to be no possession offence for personal use, the legal framework needs to be strengthened to reduce availability via the importation of anabolic steroids not intended for medical use.

The Government accepted the ACMD’s recommendations to restrict the importation of anabolic steroids for personal administration to personal custody and to remove the term “medicinal product†from the legislation to provide clarity and support better enforcement of the legislation at the borders. Adopting these changes will help to prevent any exploitation of the legislation by suppliers and traffickers who will want to profit from importing anabolic steroids, particularly in the run up to the 2012 Olympics. The Statutory Instrument which implements these changes was laid in Parliament on 30 March and will come into force on 23 April 2012. From this date, any importation of anabolic steroids for personal use must be carried out in person through UK borders. Any importation through postal, courier or freight services will become illegal and will be liable to seizure and further investigation by the UK Border Force.

We advise that any person suffering from a medical condition requiring medication in the form of anabolic steroids should obtain their medicines via their healthcare provider who will make a professional judgment based on clinical need.

Anabolic steroids can also have adverse effects on health if misused. The FRANK website www.talktofrank.com provides detailed information about anabolic steroids and the effects of their use. A copy of the statutory instrument amending the legislation on steroids with its accompanying documents (explanatory memorandum and impact assessment) is available on the UK’s legislation website at www.legislation.gov.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Desmond Niimoi
      Drugs and Alcohol Unit

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Where's the letter?

7. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

Daaaayyyymmmm... thanks for letting me know bro...hopefully it shouldnt be showing now : )

8. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Do us a favour bro and take out my email and name. Ive altered the attachment accordingly.

9. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

How comes mr Spock is working for the home office. Not even a good disguise

10. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Thanks mate appreciate it.